Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 09-08-2011, 05:44 AM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What could have done better is Michael deleting dsaundry's post and messaging dsaundry the reason why.
Thank you. That was my basic point with a few side issues which Christy has explained.

Last edited by dsaundry; 09-08-2011 at 05:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-08-2011, 06:01 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

I am glad most of the mods chimed in here to fill in the holes. Seeing as how it was the forum it was in I can see why things happened the way it happened but it was not the proper way to do it. I have receive lots of help from Micheal with my controller & he is very knowledgable.

But on the other side of the page, like I stated before I myself want to get the best price I can so if that means going away from sponsors that is what I need to do, SORRY SPONSORS ( wife's rules ) but that is just me. I have been self- employed for 6 yrs now so I know what it take to compete in a tough industry. Unfortunately some of the produce manufacture's of the equipment we use have a strangle hold on the retail price & the dealers just can't offer better prices & still make money.

Sorry for the rant, it my insomnia talking.

Thanks to ALL the mods for the educational info on how certain forum / sub-forum work.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 09-08-2011, 06:03 AM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

One more thing before I head off to bed, I would like to apologize to Michael as I was not aware of his distributorship issues in Canada, I did not intend to cause him any grief over this and was only referring a member to a lfs store in the area. There was no malice or infringement intended and I am now a lot wiser on canreef policy. I will watch the forums and their rules a lot more closely in the future. Good night all.

Ps; A tribute to Kein
Old 09-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

I put up a post expressing interest in a group order from one sponsor and was essentially spammed by another who saw my post and assumed I was looking to be solicited.

really ticked me off.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
vendors here have paid XXXX amount of dollars for the right to have a forum of their own to advertise what they carry and have in stock etc......These forums are paid for by the vendor and should be moderated by the vendor.......I myself have deleted posts out the the RC forum....mostly because the poster was being an A-hole.......for someone to go into one vendors forum and advertise the vendors competition is a bit of a slap in the face......No?.......

anyways......I digress.......to play the other side.......I dont think vendors should have the ability to change the words in a post.......it should be an all or nothing approach......either the post is deleted all together, or it is left alone...........JMO
Would the vendors pay XXX to be here if we (the people..lol) weren't?
It's kind of a catch 22.

I think Canreef normally does an excellent job of keeping a middle ground, one event like this in all this sites years is no cause for concern.

I would hate to think though, that being a canreef member meant I could only use certain products from certain vendors if I wanted to share and communicate about them with this community.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:31 PM

Palmer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobytron View Post
I would hate to think though, that being a canreef member meant I could only use certain products from certain vendors if I wanted to share and communicate about them with this community.
The one aspect to this incident/issue that keeps getting misunderstood is the relationship between the vendors forum verses the canreef general forums. Basically as I understand it the general forums are open discussion. The vendor forums (link above vendor ad) are the vendor's specific spot on canreef for their business.

Perhaps they already exist but I would think some posting guidelines regarding the vendor forums may help a bit.