Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-07-2009, 01:21 AM

Snaz is on a distinguished road
Default LTB Portable MP3/Video Player

Any suggestions? There are lots of choices out there so I was wondering what people here use and like.

1. I want to be able to play video, standard formats without having to re-encode.
2. Around 2-4GB storage with additional SD slot.
3. MUST have an FM tuner.
4. Looking to spend ~$100.00. 2nd hand is ok.

Any suggestions welcomed. Thank you.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:38 AM

Pan is on a distinguished road

The actual functioning of the Ipod touch is awkward at best. I stay away from the touch.

The little creative zen is nice, last time I looked it was 80 bucks or something. I had one and thought i would be upgrading by getting an ipod and sold it. Mistake it was an awesome little player. It had all the features you mentioned. (it was the black one with the wide screen) they have them at futureshop.

Last edited by Pan; 02-07-2009 at 03:40 AM. Reason: oops :)
Old 02-07-2009, 04:54 AM

Snaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
The actual functioning of the Ipod touch is awkward at best. I stay away from the touch.

The little creative zen is nice, last time I looked it was 80 bucks or something. I had one and thought i would be upgrading by getting an ipod and sold it. Mistake it was an awesome little player. It had all the features you mentioned. (it was the black one with the wide screen) they have them at futureshop.
This one?
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...0&catid=22815#
Old 02-07-2009, 05:16 AM

Yep thats it, seems higher priced than last time I looked. Maybe I saw it on sale. But yep it is a really good player.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:37 AM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

i have been using a touch for over a year now. i think its the best player i have ever bought and now cosidering upgrading to a iphone. if you have a friend with a iphone its basically the same thing, minus the fact that you need wifi for an internet connection and it doesn't have the phone feature. i would highly reccomend it for what you want.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenz0 View Post
i have been using a touch for over a year now. i think its the best player i have ever bought and now cosidering upgrading to a iphone. if you have a friend with a iphone its basically the same thing, minus the fact that you need wifi for an internet connection and it doesn't have the phone feature. i would highly recommend it for what you want.
The touch buttons are strictly for looks, for a music play (minus all the crap like wifi, games etc... since snaz did not mention them in his requirements) a music player is better served with quick access to changing songs and inc/dec the volume, which the touch does not have, sure it's not hard but its not as easy as pushing a button quickly (through a pocket even) that most other players can do. The touch you almost need to look at it. Unless of course you want to pay extra for the remote control units that can change settings remotely. All in all the touch is a gimmick, that seems to have tricked people into buying, plus itunes sucks, there are alternatives of course. I bought into the hype...wish i hadn't. Go to the store and put a touch in your pocket and then any other player and see which is more convenient to use