Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 02-22-2009, 12:18 AM

Koresample is on a distinguished road
Default Sea Clone 100

I have had a Sea Clone 100 since i started my reef 2 months ago. At first it seemed to be living up to what i have since read on virtually all forums...total junk, finicky to set up etc. The only mod i made was cutting down the tube in the collection cup as the riser is not removeable in the new models and i didnt want to break it. Just when i was about to give up....it started working!!! Now i just set the air valve 1-1/8 turns out and leave it. The skimmate it pulls off the tank is very thick, smelly and dark green. I only have a very light load right now- some shrooms, 1 LTA and a Colt Coral and about 10 crabs and 13 snails, but i am pulling this dark gunk out at about 2 fluid ounces per day. Not having used another HOB skimmer, i dont know how this compares. As soon as i figure out how to post some pics of it (finally) in action, i will post them here. Does this seem to be about the right amount of skimming for this type of load?

Toad Stool
Colt Coral
Purple Shrooms
Red Shrooms
Candy Cane Coral
Hammer Coral
Moon Coral
Copper Banded Shrimp..and growing
Old 02-22-2009, 12:45 AM

johncody is on a distinguished road

Hi , back when i had a 90 Gallon tank i have a sea clone and man talk about a work horse . Like you say close to 2 oz's of skimate a day. was a great little skimmer. here is a picture of the one i had.

are they the same???

Cheers JC
Old 02-22-2009, 02:01 AM

Koresample is on a distinguished road

exactly the same. Its a bit noisy, but other than that, its not so bad. I was thinking of getting a better air adjusted valve, but if it ain't broke...

Toad Stool
Colt Coral
Purple Shrooms
Red Shrooms
Candy Cane Coral
Hammer Coral
Moon Coral
Copper Banded Shrimp..and growing