Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Contest 2012

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2012, 01:07 AM

Acipenser is on a distinguished road
Default Acipenser 2012 nano contest entry.

I don't want to be late in case some crazy work **** comes up so I am going to start my thread now !

I have a few ideas for my display tank nothing crazy - I am thinking along the lines of a 15g tank drilled with a wall to wall over flow along the back. I plan on building a stand and incorporating a sump. I am thinking about building the sump from scratch (never worked with glass before !) . I am debating on scratch building an led light with a custom timer/controller, if not Ill steal the 4x24w t5HO set off my gold fish .

As for stock I have yet to decide but I really like blennie's and gobie's and am thinking about maybe a pistol shrimp as well.

Hopefully Ill be able to add some nice easy corals, I hope to gain some experience working with sumps and drilling glass , my main goal is a nice display tank with an low maintenance system as work gets crazy some times with little time left over for family let alone fish . i almost gave up on salt water all together but am now re inspired !