Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-13-2016, 04:03 AM

toytech is on a distinguished road

There are quite a few people who are attracted to pitbull type dogs that have no right to own a dog and cant be bothered to train their dog , or keep it in a properly fenced yard . These same people are breeding dogs to sell without any thought to what type of dog they are producing . No thug wants a spaniel , they want a tough badass dog thats mean and they have picked pitbulls to the breeds detrement . These people need to be regulated and they are doing it by controlling the dogs , you cant punish stupid in our society but you can limit the stupids so thats what they did . Too bad for reasonable owners , but you picked a dog that can bite through a parking meter .
Old 10-13-2016, 03:42 PM

Tankboy is on a distinguished road

This topic really gets me going...In my opinion, Pit Bulls are the "flavour breed" of the 2000's. This has happened in the past with Dobermans, German Shepherds....I am a dog lover and find it sad that such a sweeping ban can be instituted. I disagree with it completely and think that the outcome falls completely on the owner. You know the personality of your dog...or you should. If your dog is prone to bolting as soon as you open the door to your house, you take precautions to make sure that doesn't happen. If you see that your dog can be aggressive when out and about, you should be taking measures to ensure that it does not happen. the OWNER is the alpha and the pack leader and needs to do the correct job to keep the dog in line. This is NOT about Pit Bulls. It is about training, keeping control of your dog, and knowing your dogs personality. The saying "with great power comes great responsibility" comes to mind. Pitt Bulls are powerful animals and that can not be ignored.
I have two dogs, a 70lb Airedale Terrier and a 12lb Welsh Terrier. Of the two, the Welsh is far more aggressive that the Airedale and I am fully aware of this. I constantly keep her in check, and ensure that she is not presented with an opportunity where she can scare, or hurt anyone...even tho she is only 12lbs...she can still do damage. This whole thing falls on the owners being responsible, educated and training not only the dogs, but themselves.
Dogs are getting the short end of the stick and it is sad.