Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-14-2016, 08:15 PM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

Also if I'm dosing 2 part (cal/alk) are you able to turn of the additional 2 pumps so they don't run? Not sure what I would dose with the extra two... maybe mag. The price of this dosing unit is the best value I have come across.

Please let me know as I'm interested in the simplicity of this setup.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:59 PM

ramasule is on a distinguished road

The pump is cheap because it uses dc motors and not stepper motors. What this means is the unit has no real way of knowing how much it has dosed. It also means it does not have the same torque (starting and holding) that a stepper motor has.

This said I would put one on my qt tank or other small tank, I would not put one on my DT.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:20 AM

So this pump is a no go for controllability on the different pump channels? Too bad as the price is outstanding for dosing Cal/Alk/Mag.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:26 AM

ramasule is on a distinguished road

I never said that??
Old 12-16-2016, 03:36 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

I think a lot of people are using this doser including myself, for the price I think it's pretty decent and ones on the same level cost Hundreds more.

It's easy to set up and while it may not be super accurate I don't notice the difference, I guess one could retest and calibrate to see how much each of the heads are off but since the initial calibration I personally haven't.

Just set it and perform weekly tests to the big 3. Even if a doser is super accurate I think you have to make changes here and there as the mix you make may not be exact when using dry products unless your are digitally scaling the weight each time you make a mix.

With premixed 2 part it could be a little more accurate but I would still test to make sure.

With that said I've used mine for 5months now as I couldn't keep up with dosing everyday. I use all 4 channels and thinking of getting another 4 to dose some trace and carbon.

Works solid and recommend this doser to anyone on a budget and looking to save money for more corals.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 12-16-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang daddy View Post
I think a lot of people are using this doser including myself, for the price I think it's pretty decent and ones on the same level cost Hundreds more.

It's easy to set up and while it may not be super accurate I don't notice the difference, I guess one could retest and calibrate to see how much each of the heads are off but since the initial calibration I personally haven't.

Just set it and perform weekly tests to the big 3. Even if a doser is super accurate I think you have to make changes here and there as the mix you make may not be exact when using dry products unless your are digitally scaling the weight each time you make a mix.

With premixed 2 part it could be a little more accurate but I would still test to make sure.

With that said I've used mine for 5months now as I couldn't keep up with dosing everyday. I use all 4 channels and thinking of getting another 4 to dose some trace and carbon.

Works solid and recommend this doser to anyone on a budget and looking to save money for more corals.

I'm going to take the plunge on it as the other dozers are considerably more expensive. The only thing I'm wondering is if I have the ability to use 2 of the 4 pump channels and turn the other two off for now. Is this possible? Or do these channels run regardless.

I need an affordable doser as my Christmas purchase list for corals is pretty full
Old 12-18-2016, 11:47 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

You can run 2 channels.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 12-19-2016, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang daddy View Post
You can run 2 channels.
Thanks! That's all I wanted to know haha obviously you can't beat this price compared to other brands!