Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-26-2013, 02:52 AM

Nano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NU-2reef View Post
Your prescription is not that bad but having prism will make it difficult. If the optical centre of the lens is not directly in front of the pupil you can create a plus or minus effect of prism power. This will create a muscle imbalance causing a headache and discomfort and in the long run permanent fixation of the eye muscle. I assume this can be an issue when the person making the glasses has no idea how the frame fits to your face which means they will make it to the general centre of the frame. I can go on and on but my advise is don't do it. I'll be sending them back more often than actual use time.

If u really need to save the bucks and buy from them I suggest finding the frame design u like and try them on in a local store and kindly ask if the optician would mark the lens for your eyes and take all needed measurement so you can provide these to cc contacts.

I am an optician by the way. This is the same advise I would give my family.

Clearly contacts are bettr for contacts and simple prescriptions.
Cheers
When you enter your prescription they ask specifically for that measurement, pupillary distance etc. Personally I just camt justify the cost of buying them through my optician as its not the frames that are the issue but the lenses being upwards of $450 which is completely ridiculous.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano View Post
When you enter your prescription they ask specifically for that measurement, pupillary distance etc.
Pardon me.. its axis and cylinder I am thinking of not pupillary distance.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:22 AM

NU-2reef is on a distinguished road

Axis and cyl are both part of your prescription. I'm more concerned with oc height and how the frame will sit on your face. How many Diopters of prism did the doc prescribe? And how much cyl ?

I have nothing against the company. I agree they do good work. And I would use them as well if I weren't in the industry. The savings are huge. I woulnt pay retail for any frame knowing what it costs me to buy it.

The best thing I could tell u is to find the same frame in a local shop and get a measurement of the oc height, pd.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NU-2reef View Post
Axis and cyl are both part of your prescription. I'm more concerned with oc height and how the frame will sit on your face. How many Diopters of prism did the doc prescribe? And how much cyl ?

I have nothing against the company. I agree they do good work. And I would use them as well if I weren't in the industry. The savings are huge. I woulnt pay retail for any frame knowing what it costs me to buy it.

The best thing I could tell u is to find the same frame in a local shop and get a measurement of the oc height, pd.
Much appreciated! I definitely will I am looking at aramani frames as my local opt. Carries them as well. Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:49 AM

NU-2reef is on a distinguished road

No problem. If you have any further questions feel free to pm me. I don't post much but I browse regularly.
Cheers
Old 04-27-2013, 02:05 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

they are great, I ordered new glasses and finaly (yes I am getting old) reading glasses, got my wife progressives and the kid glasses all are happy.

concidering I got two pair of glasses with designer frames for under 200.00 I will never buy from a local store again as it was 250.00 for 1 simular pair of glasses in the cheepest local store, the wife's progressives were 1/2 the price we were quoted at costco.

as for the PD and such it should be part of your perscription, if it isn't then go back to your eye Dr and ask why it isn't on there. Also they do have a return policy if you are not happy.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

I've bought contacts from CC for about 5-6 years now without any problems. Got a pair of glasses during their big "free glasses" promotion a couple years ago, worked out to $38 (had to upgrade because of my prescription and added some sort of coating). I managed to screw up one side of the lenses by inputting my prescription as + instead of -. They took them back and replaced them no problem. The frames/glasses themselves are cheaper than others I have purchased, they're not fitted and some of the coating has come off of one of the lens which I can see when wearing them. They're just a backup pair anyways (and I can't resist anything for free) but I can't say I'd be buying them again if I wore glasses full time. Then again if I was paying close to $1K for a pair of glasses I'd probably tolerate a few issues for the savings.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.