Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 11-27-2008, 05:10 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

good to see it is up and running again. keep up the good work .
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:14 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

I have been slowly adding more live stock:

Bulbs need a cleaning...

Two weeks of skimmate, bleh!

The tank is coming back together now, MHs are now running again regularly, Ca Reactor is online, and the Kalk. reactor is clean and ready to put to work. I'm just working on getting everything dialed in again and things should be returning to normal again.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:25 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Im happy things are looking up for you guys with your tank. The new clams are incredible.
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 12-07-2008, 11:59 PM

A few more things are coming along right now with the 180g.

I've added in two fish today, another Doctor tang, and a bristletooth tang, I believe its a Ctenochaetus cyanocheilus. I'm hoping my other fish and clams can come home soon. We're having scheduling difficulties right now.

Our plumbing came in from Bulk Reef Supply. This means we can take the Ca Reactor off a feed pump. It also means we can make a few more changes with the return. We'll (we being the royal we here) be changing the return from one point to three. Kevin has a few other changes in mind that he would like to implement.

I finally picked up more cheato to add into the refugium. I put most of the dead skeletons from the second crash in as one giant pod pile.

This is how Matia "helps". She is ALWAYS in the way.

Calgary received its first real snowfall today. Its heavy and wet snow, so we are expecting power outtages in the near future. The first thing we did when we got up this morning was to adjust how the UPS would be running the tank in the event of an outtage. I really wish I had the extra cash right now for a generator. Common contract renewal!

Old 12-08-2008, 12:10 AM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Our little Beagle also likes to help (get in the way). That's a pretty good dump of snow you got. I guess my grandaughter is out playing in it. (She is a newly transplanted Calgarian). We out here on the coast have not even had frost yet.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:13 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Yeah if you didn't know any better you'd think it was the May long weekend.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:47 AM

Pan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
A few more things are coming along right now with the 180g.

I've added in two fish today, another Doctor tang, and a bristletooth tang, I believe its a Ctenochaetus cyanocheilus. I'm hoping my other fish and clams can come home soon. We're having scheduling difficulties right now.

Our plumbing came in from Bulk Reef Supply. This means we can take the Ca Reactor off a feed pump. It also means we can make a few more changes with the return. We'll (we being the royal we here) be changing the return from one point to three. Kevin has a few other changes in mind that he would like to implement.

I finally picked up more cheato to add into the refugium. I put most of the dead skeletons from the second crash in as one giant pod pile.

This is how Matia "helps". She is ALWAYS in the way.

Calgary received its first real snowfall today. Its heavy and wet snow, so we are expecting power outtages in the near future. The first thing we did when we got up this morning was to adjust how the UPS would be running the tank in the event of an outtage. I really wish I had the extra cash right now for a generator. Common contract renewal!

Like I said tang wh**e

Old 12-08-2008, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Ol Nobodaddy View Post
Like I said tang wh**e
And proud of it!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:18 AM

Pan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
And proud of it!
Would make an interesting license plate

Old 12-08-2008, 03:08 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Like I said tang wh**e
Quote:
Would make an interesting license plate
Most people would think you did favors for orange drink crystals.
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694