Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2002, 07:21 AM

Dorkel Marine 1 is on a distinguished road
Default Question on Circulation between two tanks

Please bear with me here guys as I try to state this question. I've got two 27 gal tanks. One is 20 in. high the other is 15in. high. They are side by side. I would like to link them together. The two LFS guys I've talked too have suggested two things. One is out of the question. That is to drill the higher tank and pump the water into it from the lower tank. I'd have to buy a new tank. Right now no can do. Another LFS guy suggested these U shaped siphon tubes. Level the two tanks and pump water from one to the other. The other guy said ok but the problem that could crop up would be an air pocket developing at the top of the U tube. He said this could eventually block the siphone etc etc. Have any of you used thes U shaped tubes. I mean I check my tanks everyday and I could simply blow out the air build up with a piece of air tubing couldn't I. I'd really like to get this going. I want to start adding iodine and keep the calcium level up at normal levels. I'd like to put everything on the one tank. the skimmer, heater, and the Kalk dosing gear however I work that out. Advice appreciated. Thanks and happy reefin.

George