Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Oceanic Corals > Everything Pellets

Old 03-25-2010, 05:34 AM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

I personally use the Deltec 509 Fluidizers, they are a bit more money, but need no modifications and operate flawlessly with a MJ 1200. Also you can fit about 1.3L in each.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 03-25-2010, 05:55 AM

imisky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyota View Post
You can with a couple mods .... I have just got mine to churn just right a couple days ago...
this is what i have done after reading other peoples trial and errors remove the bottom red plate and glued the white tube into the top red plate so it wouldnt fall out then remove the top foam so it wouldnt clog up with mulm and I have put on a 600 gph pump and my pellets are dancing happy
Im surprised you need 600gph pump to power a TLF reactor or are you using 2x TLF reactors with the 600gph..

EDIT:signed in on the wrong account..should have used the oceaniccorals one haha..
Old 03-25-2010, 06:51 AM

Kryptic4L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
I just pulled one of the TLF 150's that I have apart and if you don't use the bottom red plate there would be nothing to hold the tube off the bottom of the reactor to allow water to flow into reactor.
unless you glue it to the top....

however i run both plates with no foam, and a layer of sewing mesh on top and the bottom. seems to do alright.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

I just flipped the bottom plate over so that it was at the top and the clear tube was hanging down. It just dangles in the biopellets and moves them around that way. I still need a stronger pump though, the MJ1200 isn't cutting it (1L of pellets in a TLF550).

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:24 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

Anyone ever run these in a Presicion Marine reactor, I have a couple sitting around I'll be using when my order arrives? I'll be driving the reactors off a branch of my return that's pushed by a dart.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Anyone ever run these in a Presicion Marine reactor, I have a couple sitting around I'll be using when my order arrives? I'll be driving the reactors off a branch of my return that's pushed by a dart.
Can I see pics of your return branch? I've been thinking about doing the same to mine

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:20 PM

Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Can I see pics of your return branch? I've been thinking about doing the same to mine

No, no you can't! Not because I don't want to show you but because it isn't fully built yet. When I plumed the tank I added a tee and a valve to the return plumbing for future implementation of a manifold to run everything. Because the tank is so lightly stocked I haven't had a need to finish it yet, but will be shortly.

You can see the tee and valve in the upper right hand side of the picture.

Last edited by Parker; 03-25-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Moved on

OceanicCorals-Ian- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No, no you can't! Not because I don't want to show you but because it isn't fully built yet. When I plumed the tank I added a tee and a valve to the return plumbing for future implemention of a manifold to run everything. Because the tank is so lightly stocked I haven't had a need to finish it yet, but will be shortly.

Nice work! Your build looks good.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Staff

Quote:
No, no you can't! Not because I don't want to show you but because it isn't fully built yet. When I plumed the tank I added a tee and a valve to the return plumbing for future implemention of a manifold to run everything. Because the tank is so lightly stocked I haven't had a need to finish it yet, but will be shortly.

Ok so, my next question is, are you running 1.5" pipe? How are you going to "ramp down" to the size required for your reactor? Would you do that at the barb fitting? I'm just wondering where along the line should I start to reduce plumbing sizes since my phosban reactor is 3/8"

My 180 Build

Old 03-25-2010, 07:07 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Quote:

On the left pipe (in the middle), is that a gate valve? Just wondering, cause if it is, they don't normally operate as well sideways, they should be placed near to the return pump and in a vertical position.

If it isn't a gate valve, what is it?

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk