Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Contest 2012

Old 01-10-2013, 03:27 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
i agree with you 100% laurie, i wish i could have gotten further with my build but its a competition and the best of the best are the ones who made it this far , i knew it wouldnt be easy and i just want to say im very proud of everyone who entered even those who couldnt finish , its not an easy competition....i knew updates would be missed and i knew people would drop out, im very impressed with everyone who has their nanos set up and running and im also very pleased that everyone is doing their best.

at the end of the day those who try their best will be rewarded, ive chosen who i believe to be very honest and experienced judges , i know they will look at every journal differently and award points to the best of their ability.

keep up the good work guys and although my tank was an epic failure i am reading and following along , at the beginning of the contest i posted that once the contest starts i wont post to much so ive been watching and reading on the side lines.

laurie im more than impressed with your build and think you are in good standings to win , alot of other great builds as well.

i only locked the thread to keep the nay sayers from saying i told you so and making people think its a popularity contest which its not , i think the contest is still in full swing and i want those who are still involved to believe(which they shoud) that anyone can win...and really anyone CAN win

i started this thread for questions and opinions so lets use this one for comments but please guys we can critisize the contest after its over in which case id love some feedback for the next contest( hopefully a big tank contest)

with that said keep up the good work everyone , its still anyones game and we have some amazing prizes to be won and without all of you it wouldnt be possible

cheers gang!

denny
Ok thanks for the clarification.

BTW the concept for your tank was cool, hopefully when you have time maybe you could give it another go.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:32 AM

Quote:
laurie im more than impressed with your build and think you are in good standings to win , alot of other great builds as well.

denny
Luv ya Denny! but I'm not so sure I agree, but then I didn't take the "I really should get off my a$$ and clean the glass so I can see into the tank pic"

However, you got the "a lot of other great builds" part right

Last edited by fishoholic; 01-10-2013 at 03:35 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:37 PM

Is it tomorrow yet? Totally curious as to who the judges are and who (predicting Grizz) the winner is. Although towards the end I do think I gave Grizz a good "run for his money" so to speak, and of course, personally I like my tank better

Last edited by fishoholic; 03-31-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:05 PM

CherylMcKay is on a distinguished road

Waiting for the results.... The suspense is killing me.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:54 AM

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too late... I didn't read the rules right or understand things right (as you did say DENNY that we could go at our own pace) and I thought that you had until the dates above at the latest to do things but you could do them as fast as you wanted to but no slower then the dates above. Sorry I didn't read the rules very well before I signed up. I am waaaayyyyyy to impatient of a person to not set up stuff immediately, like as of yesterday, and it kills me to wait a day (never mind a whole month ) not to share progress (when progress was made) so what fun is it if everything is running but you have to hold back pic's until the right dates Guidelines are good but they should be "have to be done by this date date" not "can't post pic's of what you've already done till this date date" Seems silly to me that if you've already done something not to show what you've done until a certain date

Personally I say we take a vote with the contestants entered to see how everyone feels about going at their own pace as long as you have posted updates along the way and you have the things added by no later then the dates posted above. That way people who want to go faster can and others who want to take their time can as well. That way everyone is happy especially me

This is a contest after all and it's not my fault if others can't keep up Besides isn't it more interesting to see what happens as it's happening then making people wait for updates on things they've already done????? Judges can dock points if they like if they feel like bratty contestants like myself are going to fast but personally it's more fun to see what's happening as it's happening then to have to wait until months after the fact!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:17 AM

BTW I love you Denny Aren't you glad I joined and am making things a nightmare for you and yes I'm fully aware I'm a brat, but at least I admit it, and in and amongst my long winded above post I do make a good point Also willing to bribe with pretty zoa frags to be allowed to set my own pace as long as things are done before/by the dates posted
Old 09-19-2012, 03:21 AM

Denny you no love me no more why you no respond???? Don't make me post star wars quotes!!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:25 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

haha ok hold on im just reading this now lol
Old 09-19-2012, 03:30 AM

Quote:
haha ok hold on im just reading this now lol
Sorry Denny I couldn't resist! But honestly I do think it's cooler to see updates as people do them not have to hold back if you're ahead.

thinks in small voice inside my head.....he's going to kill me!

Last edited by fishoholic; 09-19-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:48 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

ok here it goes lol

guys the offcial date for the contest start is october 1rst.

now i did say people can go at their own pace as im sure everyone has set ways they set up a tank, its even written like that, but this is a contest and close observation of the contest timeline should be done.

the timeline was changed to add certain things BY a certain date to let people have some freedom in when they can post.

you got to admit it said in bold lettering on some of the dates , that certain things werent to be added to your journal yet.

guys i too can set up a nano tank in one night , and come back in six months for a super awesome picture.....thats not what this is about , this is about if a set of guidelines are placed out do you think you can follow them and come out with the best nano and be the best! lol

ok so with that said all is not lost, im going to review the timeline and how its worded, i want this to be fair to everyone and to be fun.

i origionally changed the wording in the timeline so that people had more freedom and now im thinking that the beginning of the timeline is a bit confusing..... so i have edited it just now so it will not affect anyones journal, basically nothings changed in the ways of rules or dates but will allow the contestants the freedom to start building their systems.

plese read next post