Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-11-2014, 03:48 AM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

You're the best Kien. Anytime between now and may long, except this Saturday...after may long, mid September works.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:26 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
Brad, we would either need to go through security, or you'd need to duck out....
I do have some experience with bypassing security
Old 04-11-2014, 04:26 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
You're the best Kien. Anytime between now and may long, except this Saturday...after may long, mid September works.
Looking at my calendar, how does next weekend sound ? Afternoon sat or sun. It's Easter long weekend btw.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I do have some experience with bypassing security
Is christy going to be with you? Would love to chat with her again! What time wil you guys be through ?
Old 04-11-2014, 04:38 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Is christy going to be with you? Would love to chat with her again! What time wil you guys be through ?
No, solo trip this time. Heading to Cabo for the week.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
No, solo trip this time. Heading to Cabo for the week.
Well, I suppose you will have to do then. Depending on what time you're in and if you think you actually have time to duck out.. Let me know
Old 04-11-2014, 05:00 AM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Well, I suppose you will have to do then. Depending on what time you're in and if you think you actually have time to duck out.. Let me know
lol. I'll check my flight times, not sure how long I have.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:53 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

I all but ignored my tank for just over a month recently went through some family issues with my nieces moving away to Cowtown all I did was feed and I think I did one water change and scraped the glass 3 or 4 times I really let the tank go for awhile got off the depression wagon last week and found out instead of my tank going down the tubes it had become quite the brothel had so many new additions to the tank.

This afternoon I had my neighbours kids and their friends over looking at my tank I was fascinated by how much those kids were excited with my tank and the wide eyed wonder they had when I let them feel some of my coral and let them pick some empty shells from my tank that just literally made their day.

For me my tank is my personal joy, stress reliever, constant frustration and worry and never ending wonderment. Why do I stay in the hobby? I stay because it keeps me busy and I enjoy the pleasure it brings despite the difficulties and if I perchance I crash my tank I look at it as a new chance to redo some things I want to do now I know more.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:15 AM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

I was getting to feel like I was too tied down and so I decided to shut down my frag tank and only look after and enjoy my 90 Gallon reef tank. After trying fragging I decided I was not very good at it and didn't like messing up the corals in the 90 G scape.
I often sit in front the tank and just watch all the different things that go on, which I enjoy a lot. So sit back and take the time to admire what you have and keep your tank going.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:41 AM

IanWR is on a distinguished road

When I hear you talking about your mixed emotions about shutting down your tank, I couldn't help but think about pre-breakup thoughts, especially in a long term relationship. Feelings of being stuck, resenting and procrastinating some basic interactions, guilt and sorrow at even contemplating leaving, etc.. Ideally you should love what you do with your time. People rarely get to have that with work, but our personal relationships and our hobbies can and should be uplifting and supportive not a source of angst and a drain on our emotions and our energy.

If we were talking about a relationship, you would have been dating a guy for 3 years but considering breaking up for more than a year. It can be hard to break up, especially if the other party is not a jerk. They've done nothing wrong, nothing much has changed, but you just aren't feeling it like you used to. Well all the new outfits, weekend getaways, special dinners, and whatever else you can think of to rekindle the flame aren't likely to fix it. Sometimes the best for both parties is a clean break, even if it is very painful in the short run.

The good news is we aren't talking about another human, we are talking about a hobby. You can chose to shut down your tank and put it in storage and see if you get the urge to restart. If that hasn't happened in a year or 2, then you can sell off everything and move on. But don't keep throwing time and money at something that is adding stress to your life. Much as it can feel like it at times, keeping saltwater aquaria is not a religion, a way of life, a marriage - it is a hobby. Don't make it more (or less) than it is. As one human to another, I want for you to be happy. If keeping your tank can make you happy, great! If not, stop it and find something that does.

- Ian

Last edited by IanWR; 04-11-2014 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Typo