Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-31-2016, 01:03 AM

GoFish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Hey thanks for the detailed response!!!! How long is the trip from Manila airport to Batangas? I read reviews on Trip Advisor that said the Sabang area has plenty of hookers at night. Just what I was looking for!

Thanks for the info on the scooters too. I was thinking I might like to rent one. I'm not sure I'll be doing a whole lot of exploring because hubby is actually staying at home and I'm traveling with a bunch of people that I don't know very well, so I may end up being a bit of a chicken. I would love to see some of the waterfalls and other sights I've heard about though.

I love to try new foods, but there's no way I'm eating weird meats. That's where I draw the line!
Not sure if you can catch a bus from the airport to Batangas, you may have to go to Cubao station like we did? Uber has worked really well for us in Manila, better than taxis. The bus ride is about 2 1/2 hours from Cubao to the port.

Well if you like hookers...and men...than Sabang is where it's at, many of them are playing dress up

Filipino food is all about salt and meat and strange cuts of meat, those are just a few that are a little more out there. I draw the line at feet and noses and blood. The intestines was pretty weird but I actually enjoyed the texture and taste of that compared to the other 2 mentioned. You could cheat with the Balot like I did, leave the chick and just try the yolk part

I can send you the name and address of our scooter guy, he's right near the heart of Sabang
Old 01-31-2016, 03:59 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Yes please send me name and address of scooter guy.

Our dive group has a bus of some sort booked for us already. I was just wondering how long it would take as we seemed to have varying estimates from 2-4 hours.

I don't eat North American chicken yolks because I don't like the taste, so I don't think I'll be trying balut! I was a vegetarian for well over a decade when I was young and meats are still something that can gross me out easily. Oh and I'm a puker. Textures, smells, puke. I puked in the movie theatre when I watched Jackass guy drink the horse stuff....

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 01-31-2016 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:06 AM

Apo Reefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFish View Post
Not sure if you can catch a bus from the airport to Batangas, you may have to go to Cubao station like we did? Uber has worked really well for us in Manila, better than taxis. The bus ride is about 2 1/2 hours from Cubao to the port.
There is no Bus Line from Airport to Batangas. You need to take a cab to Pasay Bus Terminal which is closer than going to Cubao. From there, there are lots of bus lines that goes to Batangas Pier... I always take Jam Liner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFish View Post
Well if you like hookers...and men...than Sabang is where it's at, many of them are playing dress up
+1
Old 02-09-2016, 06:19 AM

GoFish is on a distinguished road

1. When you get off the bus at Batangas just say "no thank you" to these guys. Or..."No hindi po". They just wanna tell you the boats arent running any more or take you to pier 3 for a tip, no point really in listening to them
2. You're looking for one of these boats but need to go to the ticket window first
3. Just go to this building to pay for a boat to Sabang, its on the left. Either take MSL or FSL, FSL is better IMO
4. Welcome to Sabang pier
5. Call Andy or pay him a visit if you need a bike. Going rate is 400 php/day. i paid 1000 for 2 days but had the scooter delivered while we drank coffee 15mins away so was worth the extra few bucks. Sorry no address but his shop is on the way out of town. When you get to the security checkpoint where the guy might be sleeping just trun left and walk up that street for 100-150 metres and he's on the left. Or just show someone this pic and ask where he is.

And meet Kuya Austin... He can be your private boat captain if you need one. May be handy if you wanna snorkel in the sheltered waters if the weather kicks up or you wanna check out the giant clams. Paid him 600 php for an hour instead of 1500 from the tour companies. He wont take you to beaches unless you hire a separate little boat to come along as he doesnt wanna damage the corals with his anchor, love this about him. His number is 09367156782

And be sure to have a meal or 2 at El Galleon, try the Americana pizza at the rodaside pizzeria by Muelle pier or take a tour on the scooter up to Pandora when have time. And if you have room bring a box of doggy treats to give to the stray dogs. Leaving soon eh?
Old 02-09-2016, 01:53 PM

Thanks for all the info!!! Yes, plane leaves in 9 1/2 hours.

SPS fanatic.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:03 PM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Thanks for all the info!!! Yes, plane leaves in 9 1/2 hours.
Ohhh
You are going to have a good time!!
So jealous
Old 02-12-2016, 08:37 PM

The diving is UNREAL here! The biodiversity is staggering! I did 4 dives yesterday including a dusk / night dive to watch the Mandarins spawning. Saw octopus, cuttlefish, Scorpion fish...all sorts of cool stuff. During the day the shoals of Anthias are beautiful.

It's chilly though...70-72 F water temp. I'm wearing 5mm full suit and 5 mm hooded jill. Some men are just wearing shorties. ...crazy men !

We're doing a day trip to Verde Island tomorrow. I checked about Apo Reef but our dive master said it's about 8-10 hours away.

SPS fanatic.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:57 PM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

Sounds great, but brrrr, those water temperatures are cold! The temps in Cozumel were 81!
Old 02-13-2016, 02:01 AM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

Cold all right!
Good thing you brought your suit Mindy.
Any under water pics?
Old 02-13-2016, 06:08 AM

crimper is on a distinguished road

Im glad you like the dive in there, post some dive pics/videos pls.

I'll be there and in Coron in July. Too bad no diving for me... but because of my heart condition, but will work on that. 😈