Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 04-04-2012, 12:04 AM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano View Post
sorry 25mbps
And what a you using to test it?

If you wanna pm me your home number I can test your line tomorrow.

I can test your train rate directly from the equipment. Not some server in Calgary like speedtest
Old 04-04-2012, 12:07 AM

Nano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
And what a you using to test it?

If you wanna pm me your home number I can test your line tomorrow.

I can test your train rate directly from the equipment. Not some server in Calgary like speedtest
yeah Speed test.net, also had some techies test it before for the most part we get around 18-23mbps but avg 19. no biggie I'm just giving you a hard time when you answer the phone do you ever go "hello I am Aptar thank for calling telus" (in an accent?) haha thatd rich.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:10 AM

makana is on a distinguished road

you'll notice it says up to 25. There are no guarantee. DSL is a distance based technology, the closer you are to the source the better the speed you can get. You also loose bandwidth to traffic overhead, and latency of the routers between you and the speed test server. Its the same marketing jazz that makes people believe they can actually achieve the wireless speed advertised for their router.

Livestock: clown fish, chromis, coral beauty.

Corals: Toadstool, maze brain, candy cane, mushrooms (purple & green hairy), button polyps, green zoas, GSP.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:12 AM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by makana View Post
you'll notice it says up to 25. There are no guarantee. DSL is a distance based technology, the closer you are to the source the better the speed you can get. You also loose bandwidth to traffic overhead, and latency of the routers between you and the speed test server. Its the same marketing jazz that makes people believe they can actually achieve the wireless speed advertised for their router.
Telus guarantees the speed between the model and the dslam
Old 04-04-2012, 12:15 AM

cuz is on a distinguished road

Telus sucks..
that is all...
Old 04-04-2012, 12:16 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuz View Post
Telus sucks..
that is all...

+1
Old 04-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Telus isn't that bad.... sometimes, always tried to fix stuff they screwed up. (like optik tv)
I wouldn't be too dissapointed with your 19mbps I've got telus too and that sites telling me i've got a whopping 1.07mbps dl speed.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Banned

spawn is on a distinguished road

If people with accents or anyone for that matter, phone our house I play games with them. Especially poll takers, tell marketers, wrong #'s. It's the best when you play the game of seeing how long someone will hold for if you keep answering the phone & then saying I have to get my dad. trust me it works well. :P
Old 04-04-2012, 12:40 AM
R.I.P.

my telus experience in edmonton last year lol:

switched from shaw to telus, they had their guy come out and hook up our internet, guy messed around for a while and said "there ya go all good" i had thought great, so he leaves and i try it out....it doesnt work..

i called back and after trying a few things she says she will have to send the technician back out, so i ask her when and she says wont be this week.....now im a bit mad

i make the appointment for after the weekend and its for like 4pm...im home waiting and nothing....finally at around 630-7 i hear a knock at the door, its the telus guy

so he shows up with no tools, 2 hrs late and he gets right at er.....after about 5 mins he says they need to run a new line....im thinking thats gonna take forever.he makes me an apponment for the next day and i didnt need to be there.

when i got home the next day i checked the internet...nothing, when i let the dog out the backdoor i noticed a bunch of wires dangling over my fence and left in the grass hooked up to the pole but not to anything else.

i called telus AGAIN and telll the lady what i came home too and she says she will send someone right out, again now at like 7 in the evening the very same technician who orgionally hooked my internet shows up ....WITH NO TOOLS......he goes into the backyard and makes a phonecall, he comes back to me and says the guy who was here earlier had quit....again they will send someone out the next day.

so the next day its all gone no wire the jobs done, so i call telus to get it activated and what do you know they cant get it going...i say so what now......

guess what?? appointment again....next week..fml

3 weeks pretty much, 3 days off work and alot of frustration......i got a bill at the end of the month billing me for full charges.....you can better believe that was dropped the second i called in looking for blood lol

anyways telus sucks but shaw sucked too:P
Old 04-04-2012, 12:42 AM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
If people with accents or anyone for that matter, phone our house I play games with them. Especially poll takers, tell marketers, wrong #'s. It's the best when you play the game of seeing how long someone will hold for if you keep answering the phone & then saying I have to get my dad. trust me it works well. :P

bahahah when i see a number and something like texas or florida comes up as the name i know its some sort of market scam so i answer the phone " joes pizza" .....they almost always hang up right away.

sometimes ill just answer the phone but just say nothing, and then do the repeater:P