Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Controller and Monitoring Specific

Old 12-31-2010, 08:04 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
If I had a new large tank one day again, {not going to happen}, I may go Profilux for a few reasons, including some of our sponsors.
are you getting kickbacks for pushing sponcers?

seriously though sponcership is a advertising tool for them not a way to buy loyalty, so ya its handy to see the sponcers names on the board and if they sell the same product at a reasonable price that a non spooncer does I would chose the sponcer, but I wouldn't buy a different product than I want/need because I can only get it through a non-sponcer.

now the proflux is a sexy looking unit, but in my opinion it has been priced out of the common person's range. I was looking at one for my tank and to get the basic unit with a couple probes, level indicators and a 3 pump slave dosing unit it was over 1K. and for that 1K I didn't get any conectivity whatsoever. so no internet, no warnings by e-mail or cell, no webserver ect.. with out the dosing pump it was still 800 bucks.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:22 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Sheez you guys. I said one of the reasons. Dont put words in my mouth Steve about buying loyalty. I support our sponsors to the best of my ability. If I have to explain why I would do that, then ppttttthhhhhhhhh.

Yes Brad, I understand some sell the others. I just said that as I like what I have read about the unit and a the service from the ones that carry it.

For now I love my Reefkeeper and their service. I just wish I could figure out how to use all its functions.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:27 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Sheez you guys. I said one of the reasons. Dont put words in my mouth Steve about buying loyalty.
Doug, just ignore Steve, he can't help himself
Old 12-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Rest In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Doug, just ignore Steve, he can't help himself

Ya I know but I still like him.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:34 PM

amoreira is on a distinguished road

I had the RKE. One major problem, I encountered with it is that the pH/Orp probes are not current isolated. That is to say any stray current or EM interference in your system will throw the measurement off. Another fault is that you cannot independently calibrate two probes on separate module. Calibrate one, then the other gets thrown off. For these reasons, I dumped the RKE and got an Apex. I'v no experience with the profilux.

Mind you I've also experienced some issues with the apex such as a mysterious shutdown of my recirc pumps and lighting for four hours ( when I was away) and it came back on bye itself. I also found the alarms a bit tricky to program and the alarm messages cryptic. Overall the apex looks more solid than the RKE. I hope this helps.
180 gal tank, 50 gal sump, PM RFCa6 Ca Reactor, SWC Extreme 250 1A Cone Skimmer, Tunz Osmolator ATOF, Aquacontroller Apex, Aquaillumination Sol Super Blue 6 x 75w Units, Acros/Softies/LPS/Mushrooms/Zoos, Purple/Powder Blue/Yellow Tang/3xBlue Chromis/2xTomato Clown/Lawnmower Blenny
Old 12-31-2010, 09:45 PM

fencer is on a distinguished road

tunze right out of the box just need the cables
Calibrating ORP for apex is harder than the other units but it happens to be the correct way of doing it. wish Neptune would have internal self calibration.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:11 PM

amoreira is on a distinguished road

Wish the apex would connect to my Osmollator ATOF. Sometimes the feed pump would fail and I've no alarm for low level in the sump. I will make my next project to put in a level float contact for low level.

The Apex also has a wireless I/F to the Vortech MP40. I've that on my list too.
180 gal tank, 50 gal sump, PM RFCa6 Ca Reactor, SWC Extreme 250 1A Cone Skimmer, Tunz Osmolator ATOF, Aquacontroller Apex, Aquaillumination Sol Super Blue 6 x 75w Units, Acros/Softies/LPS/Mushrooms/Zoos, Purple/Powder Blue/Yellow Tang/3xBlue Chromis/2xTomato Clown/Lawnmower Blenny

Last edited by amoreira; 12-31-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Rest In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencer View Post
tunze right out of the box just need the cables
Calibrating ORP for apex is harder than the other units but it happens to be the correct way of doing it. wish Neptune would have internal self calibration.
Cant be much harder than my RK 2. I quit using it and went back to my Pinpoint ph meter.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:31 PM

fencer is on a distinguished road

orp is a two soln calibration
Old 12-31-2010, 10:44 PM

Tom R is on a distinguished road

I love my ProfiLux.

I have had it for over 4 years now and wouldn't trade it for anything.

It may be the most expensive controller on the market, however it is also the most reliable, complete system out there.

They also astound me with their free updates and quick response to any new equipment introduced to the market place.

Tom R