Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Old 12-08-2009, 05:53 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacheteAvenue View Post

bodys 14" tall and 2.75" ID. i have lots of acrylic left i think i might make a 13" tall just so i have a bit more adjustability
Looks great!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:40 PM

Oscar is on a distinguished road

My Euro-reef nano skimmer arrived yesterday. That's only 2 weeks from original order from California and via Ocean Aquatics. I think this is the first version constructed for a Cad 39G. This version has two pumps for twice the fun.

I installed it last night and boy does it ever generate bubbles! My tank lights were off by time the skimmer was installed so I cannot say how many microbubbles went into the display tank, but I do have the supplied sponge installed.

I left the cup off last night as recommended. This morning the bubble level was way down. That allowed me to adjust the skimmer and install the cup.

One downfall with this version is the two pumps required me to get another powerbar. But after 4 tries with skimmers maybe I finally have one that is going to work.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:25 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Awesome! Keep up updated! =]

This is so cool that they are essentially making custom skimmers for AIO tanks. It's nice that a good skimmer company has noticed the giant market for it!

SPS fanatic.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post

This is so cool that they are essentially making custom skimmers for AIO tanks. It's nice that a good skimmer company has noticed the giant market for it!
Either they have a basement full of AIO tanks or they have been supplied the specs. When I had a look at the OA website a couple of weeks ago a skimmer for my tank was not listed. I posted a question on the Euro-reef Nano website, Robbert called and chatted, then he went to work building a bunch of skimmers for my tank.

It is the same skimmer with minor modifications so that the unit will fit into the necessary chamber.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:05 AM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

I've had my nano skimmer for something like 4-1/2 months on a 30 gallon cube.

I have noticed the metal meshwheel seems to be worn down quite a bit compared to when I first got the skimmer.

For the first few months the skimmer was noisy and skimmed very well. I had to raise the skimmer to the highest position to avoid overflowing the collection cup.

Now the skimmer is silent and I have it lowered to the lowest position in order to produce any skimmate.

I will e-mail EuroReef about this. I don't know if this is a common problem and I don't know if just the meshwheel can be replaced or if I need a whole new impeller/meshwheel unit.

Overall I have been happy with this skimmer and it is a huge improvement over my Tunze Reefpak which I have been meaning to take out into the back yard and shoot.
Herbie's silent overflow system
Jebao DC 12000 return pump
Jecod CP-40 Cross-flow circulation device
Mini Bubble King 180
Barr Aquatics calcium reactor
Bucket fuge
Old 12-10-2009, 05:30 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap View Post
I've had my nano skimmer for something like 4-1/2 months on a 30 gallon cube.

I have noticed the metal meshwheel seems to be worn down quite a bit compared to when I first got the skimmer.

For the first few months the skimmer was noisy and skimmed very well. I had to raise the skimmer to the highest position to avoid overflowing the collection cup.

Now the skimmer is silent and I have it lowered to the lowest position in order to produce any skimmate.

I will e-mail EuroReef about this. I don't know if this is a common problem and I don't know if just the meshwheel can be replaced or if I need a whole new impeller/meshwheel unit.

Overall I have been happy with this skimmer and it is a huge improvement over my Tunze Reefpak which I have been meaning to take out into the back yard and shoot.
Hmmm, mine has been dead silent since day one.

As for the mesh, I read somewhere that they have changed it from the alloy to something else now. As you mentioned, the alloy wears out fast. You can just replace the mesh I think (usually can with meshwheels).

Without a doubt, I am sure Robbert would send you a new mesh in whatever form they are using now. I might call about that too already in advance. I checked mine the other day and it looks great but it will wear out.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:01 PM

trilinearmipmap is on a distinguished road

I e-mailed Robert last night and he replied this morning stating he will send me a new diamond mesh wheel for $12.00, it is made out of some new material that resists the alkaline pH of salt water.
Herbie's silent overflow system
Jebao DC 12000 return pump
Jecod CP-40 Cross-flow circulation device
Mini Bubble King 180
Barr Aquatics calcium reactor
Bucket fuge
Old 12-16-2009, 01:35 PM

My Euro-Reef nano skimmer arrived last week. It only took 48 hours for it to break in. My skimmate is not as dark as GreenSpttedPuffer's, since I do not have much bioload, but it sure generates bubbles. After day 3 no bubbles were in the display tank.

After battling skimmers for 18 months I think I found one that works. This will allow me to increase my bioload, particularly SPS, in the New Year.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:36 AM

smosligu is on a distinguished road
Default Hello

That is so nice collection.Well after finding your this comment there is no need for any book reading search of last few years.I like your idea for distributing the books by years.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:21 PM

saltynuts is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to saltynuts

any up dates on this skimmer. i,am hunting for a good skimmer.
tank is 24x24x20 but has a veiwing area of 24x18x20
thanks for the time.
euro-reef rs100.
no more school so i,ll be able to keep this one!
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61329