Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2009, 03:11 PM

fragNplug is on a distinguished road
Default The Red Slime Cure

Just a little article about the cures for redslime bacteria.

The 1st time I had ever seen redslime in my tank I ran out and bought redslime remover. Thinking this is the ultimate cure it removed the redslime from my tank in about 4 days, I did however have a mini cycle at the end of this treatment and lost a fish due to low oxygen as it removed the oxygen from the water and also killed some of my beneficial bacteria.

The 2nd time i had seen it I decided to increase the water flow, reduced my lighting period, and siphoned it out this took days and then turned into weeks of work but it was removed after about 3 weeks.

Now is the 3rd time I have had red slime and i took the advice of a freind (fishytime). I purchased Coral Snow made by KZ it is one of the zeo additives.
I dosed yesterday and work up this morning to find that the redslime was all dead. As its only been about 12 hours since i dossed i added one more this morning, i see no adverse affects at all.

In closing if anyone of you have redslime and are battling it without success grab a bottle of this coral snow and it will be gone before you know it.

Here is the wording off the bottle.
For small polyp and large polyp stony corals, soft corals and clams as well as problem solving/solution in a salt water tank.

Coral Snow is a liquid secondary biological facilitator for elements like B-Balance or Potassium-Iodide/Fluoride Concentrate.
Compatible with all elements, also for Amino Acid and Vitalizer. Coral Snow contains among others a natural Calcium-Magnesium Carbonate mix.
With just 2.5µ Coral Snow has an optimal size for absorption by SPS corals.
You can dose 1 to max. 4 ml Coral Snow per 100L/25gallons tank water daily.
Coral Snow neutralizes undesirable acids and is a solution against e.g. slime algae and cyano bacteria.
The cloudiness in the water is harmless for all fish as well as sensitive corals.

Last edited by fragNplug; 08-14-2009 at 03:15 PM.