Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Nano Tank Talk

Old 10-17-2008, 06:41 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
I had the bulb it came with but it was too much light for my small nano. I ended up buying a cheap 20K bulb from ebay which worked fine for awhile (nice color too) but then I discovered I needed a chiller for the tank when it got warmer out. Eventually I went back to the PC fixture I had originally bought for the tank and sold the coralife unit.
Hey Christy, just curious.. when you switched to another bulb, did you notice any UV burning?? Just curious... seems like some do run into problems with bulbs other than Coralife, and other's don't ??

The last thing I need is UV spilling into my tank and my living room ahah.

Last edited by OCDP; 10-17-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

No I don't recall having any issues with the bulb at all. The tank was actually happier with the 20K than the 14K bulb it came with and no problems with excess UV leakage. The whole setup is fairly well protected as I do believe there was both a glass shield for the bulb as well as a piece of flat glass to protect the whole reflector and bulb/shield combo.

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.