Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-02-2004, 11:49 PM

steve.bridges is on a distinguished road
Default R/O information

i have found r/o water from a supplier called Culligan, 5 G cost $15.99 ($10 deposit on jug) This must be almost as cheap as a filter considering new filters, water costs and waste? (also i only used two cups of salt instead of four, cool eh?)
I am gonna do 5g changes per week for a couple of months ( this works out to almost 50 % a month) see if this will help solve my algae problem. When removing the water for changing is it better to take water from the top of the tank or lower or does it make no difference?
45g,Flat back five sided tank 24\" d. 50lbs lr, 35lbs ls. Magnum Can filter, 250w hqi m/h 10000k, 2 p/h 1200 & 400,brains, leathers, xelias, gs polyps, bubble, tons of critters hermits, snails,starfish, scallop, few fish and tons of algae
Old 07-03-2004, 12:44 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

why would you use 2 cups instead of 4? Because of different water?? That's not right.
Also, check your local grocery store. I pay about $2 for 5g of RO water, even from our local water store. $5.99 seems a bit high.
Old 07-03-2004, 01:48 AM

steve.bridges is on a distinguished road

i dont know why, but i tested it numerous times. What was the brand name of the water?
i thought i had a bargain, i cant get any water for less than $16.
45g,Flat back five sided tank 24\" d. 50lbs lr, 35lbs ls. Magnum Can filter, 250w hqi m/h 10000k, 2 p/h 1200 & 400,brains, leathers, xelias, gs polyps, bubble, tons of critters hermits, snails,starfish, scallop, few fish and tons of algae
Old 07-03-2004, 02:43 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

The stores here actually have machines that dispense the water into jugs. We also have water stores, which sell nothing but RO water. Nothing brand name.