Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2016, 01:52 AM

silentcivilian is on a distinguished road
Default 40 Gallon IM Nuvo

Omg.. Where do I start.

Ahh, I know now.

I am back.

I know, the crowds have been waiting, fans still cheering, similar to that group of twisted individuals cheering and waiting for the return of the legendary artist Norman Greenbaum. That's right, I just ranked myself up there with old Norman.

Anywho, ill drop the self praise and move on to business.

So when we last talked I moved to a place no one does salt water, that was approx. 40 km from a NWT//Sask border and fly in only access with almost non-drinkable tap water and sometimes no power for days. My dog and I survived and I am a little better off toda. I'm only 4 hours from a salt water store now.

So I picked up a IM Nuvo 20 gallon.. put some water and rock in.. looked at it.. said no.. way tooooo small... so picked up a 40. I am happy I did, it looks fantastic, still have space in it to do some fun things.. I am excited.

So as it just got filled yesterday and has been running all of a day, not much to report on.

So ill throw up some specs.. equipment and get back to you all later.

Just getting going...

Topped up... actually almost 2 inches too high.. need some serious evap to happen.. the only reason I say evap is the salinity still a tad low.. so as it rises ill determine the ideal level.

Just caught you looking at my rear you dog you! Like what you see?? I do!! Tunze 9400, Tunze Nano ATO, A heater!!, live rock used for filter as I hate sponges and love live rock so all you haters hate I do what I do... and what is that??? Light stands... that leads up to this picture.

You horn dog you, first your staring at my rear now my headlights! A pair of AI Prime lights that is. Loving everything about them, built in lunar, fully controllable from the old cellular device.

Last picture for now, I swear.

Today's shot when I got home from work.

I'm very excited to be back, don't expect anything fancy as location demands simplicity so lots of zoas.. maybe some ricos, some gsp maybe a leather.. a couple of simple low maintance fish and that will be it.

Glad to be back all, and a shout out to Grizz, read your thread buddy, sorry to hear about everything, keep your head up!

Last edited by silentcivilian; 01-09-2016 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Pics wouldnt load it.. got it now.