Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 10-27-2012, 01:20 PM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

Just posting J&L's group buy policy:

Quote:
J&L Aquatics encourages group orders for either livestock or equipment. In many instances (especially with livestock) it can save you a fair amount of money on shipping alone. In order to expedite this process and eliminate any confusion, please follow these simple guidelines listed below.
  • One Ambassador needs to be assigned per group order. The ambassador is required to coordinate ordering between the group and J&L. We will work closely with the ambassador to ensure the items requested are on hold and accurately billed.
  • An Order List, which contains the entire contents of the order separated by person involved, will be provided to J&L near the end of the group order Cut off period. Contact information (actual name and phone number) of each person listed is also required. No bulletin board handles will be accepted.
  • A Cut Off Period needs to be assigned by the ambassador at the outset of the group order, and no additions or changes may be made past this point. The Cut off period is generally the business day before the order is scheduled to be shipped.
  • It is completely encouraged for the participants to call in on their own and check availability and stock; but, they won't be able to order or hold anything on their own. They must report their items to the ambassador.
  • The group ambassador is responsible for all order/shipping charges.
I perfectly happy to spearhead this when the time comes, but, with more people comes more expense. If you look at the last point, if the order is really large, I may need to be paid by the individuals in the group to pay J&L for the order. I'm sure everyone understands. I know two notaries, so I can draw something up and have it notarized, and provide everyone with a copy, if anyone is nervous.

I'll call J&L next week to get the particulars with regards to what days of the week they'll ship air cargo, if we could arrange to have the livestock arrive on an evening flight, etc.

I would ideally like to have my CUC for December 1st, which is the livestock addition date for the nano contest.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:25 PM

Oh, to ensure that this stays manageable, how about we cut this off here?

Between the five of us we should be able to come close to the cheapest shipping ($30), keep the order manageable, and hopefully ensure enough/correct stock for everyone.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:38 PM

Oh, I'll ask about how the volume discounts work, too: if the price breaks on CUC would be for the individual person or for the order as a whole.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:27 PM

SoloSK71 is on a distinguished road

Looking at your stocking list on a 25G I am thinking I may have gone too light ... I updated the list and will continue to do some research.

Charles
Old 10-27-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloSK71 View Post
Looking at your stocking list on a 25G I am thinking I may have gone too light ... I updated the list and will continue to do some research.

Charles
I'm using dry rock, which is a bit like adding a phosphate bomb to the tank. I'm expecting an abundance of GHA. Also, while ceriths are great snails, they aren't really voracious eaters and are kind of slow. Twenty might be alright for that tank, but I may need to move some of my starry astrea over to it from my 40B. My 40B has been through its awkard green stage, so the thirty I'll be adding to that might be a bit much. It is always a bit of a guessing game. I'll probably need to move some of the nass from the 24 to the 40.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:41 PM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

Count me in too please.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:47 PM

Jackie is on a distinguished road
Default Me too

I am interested too if the pick up location is somewhere north in Calgary.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:50 PM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I missed this post. Have you cut off any further orders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Oh, to ensure that this stays manageable, how about we cut this off here?

Between the five of us we should be able to come close to the cheapest shipping ($30), keep the order manageable, and hopefully ensure enough/correct stock for everyone.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:56 PM

I'll be corresponding with J&L tomorrow to clarify some details. We may be open it back up again for a couple more people.

Pick up will be in Huntington Hills. The order will arrive in the last week of November.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:10 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

I'd be interested as well.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988