Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-14-2009, 12:52 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Start with Brad's recommendation about getting the letter from the breeder. Then I'd advise you take it to one of the better stations around the city, and go from there.

After that your next move should be to change the access to any accounts you've given her priviledges to that are soley yours. Also forward your mail ASAP as one of the common factors with petty women is that they like to mess around with your mail, withholding bills, etc. Don't forget to swap your vehicle insurance into your own name either.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:54 PM

levi1803 is on a distinguished road

Did your girlfriend register the dog for a dog licence? or the actual registration for the CKC or something? Does the dog have a microchip that is listed in your name, and is there any vet records that have only your name on the dog or are they in both your names? Also, did the breeder give you a health warranty that was filled out with your name on it?
Old 07-14-2009, 02:29 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

I would let things settle a little, don't panic just yet. I've had a few friends go through similar things and usually the girl calms down after a few days and becomes more reasonable. I can guarantee you that threatening and involving lawyers will tick her off and make things much worse. In the end she's probably got just as much right to ownership as you do, even if you paid she could say it was a gift which will match the registration.

Relax and let her calm down, she'll come to her senses and eventually do the right thing, I would bet on it. I'm sure she was once a nice person, she will be again, girls just get crazy sometimes, eventually you'll get use to this
Old 07-14-2009, 04:55 PM

BlueAbyss is on a distinguished road

^+1... Jumping the gun will just make things worse.

I have to agree with what others have said about being common law... if you are common law then you're pretty much hooped. If not, there is much you can do... starting with a receipt for 1800.00 paid for the dog (which you should have received, with CKC papers if the dog is purebred).

Just a note also, if you didn't get CKC papers from the breeder, or the breeder asks you to pay for the CKC registration, this is wrong... the breeder can NOT charge you for the papers if they are claiming that the dog is purebred and they are a registered member of the CKC. They must present the papers to you when you pay for the animal.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Girls just get crazy sometimes ouch!
Old 07-14-2009, 05:02 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Girls just get crazy sometimes ouch!
Yeah sorry, if it makes you feel any better guys are real dumbasses sometimes to

Seriously though, wasn't trying to offend anyone, if I did, let me know and I'll remove it.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

No to be perfectly honest you have a point.....but have to agree I would not add fuel
to the fire at this point some woman can be vindictive not myself of course, others hehe!
Old 07-14-2009, 06:07 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
No to be perfectly honest you have a point.....but have to agree I would not add fuel
to the fire at this point some woman can be vindictive not myself of course, others hehe!
+1
Old 07-14-2009, 08:10 PM

KennyKen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
If you were together long enough to be common-law might be more than just half the puppy (car, her credit card and other debts, pensions, CPP, etc).
Im not that old, and havent really started my life yet so there isnt much in the way of assets available to her, we dont share any accounts, credits cards or have we filed taxes together..

But we have lived together for more than 2years so does that make us common law?

I've backed off, stopped calling her to wait for her next move. If she does not cooperate by the end of the week i will go with the more legal route or atleast the police....
I need my dog, and im running out of clean underwear.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:13 PM

KennyKen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1803 View Post
Did your girlfriend register the dog for a dog licence? or the actual registration for the CKC or something? Does the dog have a microchip that is listed in your name, and is there any vet records that have only your name on the dog or are they in both your names? Also, did the breeder give you a health warranty that was filled out with your name on it?
The dog has not been tattooed or chipped while i was in the picture, im not sure if when she registered him with the city for a licence, do they tattoo him there??

All vet statements i paid for with cash, so no real paper trail there.

And as for all the paperwork from the breeder to us, well im pretty sure she is hiding that quite well, if its even around anymore. But it probably has both our names on it, silly mistake. lol