Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 02-09-2011, 12:15 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

is it just me or is the snowball really startin to roll on this???
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 02-09-2011, 02:44 AM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Things starting to come together quickly Catherine, look-in good ! I think you're going to really like that salt and the lid is pretty slick isn't it. I also like the the sticker with the batch results right on the bucket or you can also go on line and check it out. Keep things coming along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
The plumbing is taking forever; I keep having to glue a few, then leave the room, otherwise its glue a few, and redo them.

We picked up 2/4 buckets of salt for the eventual start up. Going to try the Aqua Vittro this time and see what happens. I like the way the buckets close and open, its much nicer on my damaged shoulder.

I'm also starting to get rolling on having our sump made.

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:00 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
is it just me or is the snowball really startin to roll on this???
It was....jinx?

Can't wait for the day I can go home after work, crash on my basement couch and just zone out for a bit while staring at the tank.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:08 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Quote:
It was....jinx?

Can't wait for the day I can go home after work, crash on my basement couch and just zone out for a bit while staring at the tank.
Heck Catherine just come live with me, come lay on my couch and hang out and watch my fish tank... Stay with me I'm make ya famous.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:34 PM

Hahahah, that totally was the jinx!

I'm stuck now, I need to find this stuff called Mastertop 110 plus Underlayment to do some more leveling of the fish room floor, on the side by the leg tank, but I can't find it anywhere. Its holding everything up. I know its available here in town, but the place we were told, Union Concrete Supply(ies?) doesn't seem to exist.

Frustrating!
Old 02-13-2011, 04:53 PM

es355lucille is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to es355lucille

Catherine, I thought you guys used another product for leveling under the tank? I wrote it down somewhere......damn can't find anything!!....need coffeeeeee!
Is the stuff you are referring to below for doing a job that requires more volume? Thanks

Quote:

I'm stuck now, I need to find this stuff called Mastertop 110 plus Underlayment to do some more leveling of the fish room floor, on the side by the leg tank, but I can't find it anywhere. Its holding everything up. I know its available here in town, but the place we were told, Union Concrete Supply(ies?) doesn't seem to exist.

Frustrating!

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51996

Photobucket
Old 02-13-2011, 05:01 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
sorry
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 02-15-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by es355lucille View Post
Catherine, I thought you guys used another product for leveling under the tank? I wrote it down somewhere......damn can't find anything!!....need coffeeeeee!
Is the stuff you are referring to below for doing a job that requires more volume? Thanks
Yeah its for an area where one side is off by 1/8" and the other is by like 1.5" or something. I'm just the poor soul who has to source it out. Its a huge PITA because its whats stopping us from water testing right now. Its making me so frustrated that I can't just fill Tibet up. Essentially its the outside wall between Tibet and the water change system at the back of fish room that needs to be filled. Otherwise if there is a spill/mess things won't drain right and we run the risk of a large flood spilling into other areas of the basement.

Also it doesn't help when I go to look at other people's threads with their pretty clams, fish and corals, the temptation to spend the cash set aside for the sump or more plumbing is really hard to resist. I think I'd feel so much better about how far the build has progressed if only I could water test it.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
sorry
Guess I'll just have to put you to work in exchange.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:15 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

You'll have your moment in the limelight soon enough where everyone else is all wishing they had your tank and stuff. Keep the faith