Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Marine Experience

Old 12-04-2012, 12:22 AM

howdy20012002 is on a distinguished road
Default Appointments for outside of normal business hours

hello all
I realize that my store hours are very limited at this time
just wanted to make people aware of the fact that I will open the store for outside of my normal times for people.
However, a couple of things:
My time is very limited so if you make an appointment, please show up at the scheduled time or let me know ahead of time that you aren't going to be able to make it.
Please respect the fact that I am giving up my personal time and don't really want to do it for five dollars worth of profit for a hour of my time or for an individual to window shop for an hour without buying something.
I have no problem with people buying a snail or two or looking around, but please just do it during normal working hours.
thanks
The best bet to get a hold of me for an appointment would be thru pm on canreef as I constantly am checking it.

Last edited by howdy20012002; 12-05-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:29 AM

mexxedm is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Wordless

I am sorry to be rude...
1. It's not a good attitude for a business from what you wrote above.
2. Price is not much cheaper than any other stores.
==> People will just go to a regular store and shop. For instance, me!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:00 AM

windcoast reefs is on a distinguished road

If you have the ability to edit you post I would consider rewording it. It comes off very rude. I would personally never shop at a store that posts that there time is worth more than the customers.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:29 AM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

I can understand where he is coming from and don't find it rude personally he has posted he is a home based business he has family and family is first. Also has posted he is open weekends only but is willing to open for the odd person if requested. I think he is being more than fair in his request concidering it's his home. It would be far different if it was a store location. Then I'd find it an odd request. Wording may sound harsh but text is hard to decipher at the best. I'm sure he has a week day job and at the end of the day wants to spend time with his family not sitting around waiting for a no show. And I commend putting family first.

Just my 2 cents

Sent from my porcelain aquarium

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 12-05-2012, 02:29 PM

Hello there
thanks for the input...I did clean up my original post to a bit less offensive in language.
Just to be clear, I never said my time is worth more than my customers, nor do I feel that way in the least.
I own and run a limo business, run this store and am in my fourth year of full time studies at university...so my time is very limited.
All I meant was that if you wish me to open up outside of my business hours (which is something that most stores won't even offer) I ask you to show up at the date and time you arranged to come to the store and that if you can't, please call me and let me know.
In the past, numerous times I have waited for people to show up who never did and didn't have the common decency to call.
I meant with my other comment that if you want me to open up outside of my normal hours please be a serious shopper..ie to buy something of value..not to just randomly look at things without an intention to buy anything.
Once again, I have no problem with you just looking around, hanging out or buying smaller items, but please do it during my normal business hours.
As for my prices, my purpose is not to be cheap, but to offer good quality livestock at reasonable prices.
once again, I do appreciate the input.
I am sorry if I offended some, that is not my intention..I just believe in being very straight forward about things.
thanks
Neal

Last edited by howdy20012002; 12-05-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:20 PM

windcoast reefs is on a distinguished road

Sorry if I came across rude, just the vide I got, I know allot can be read into in posts online. I totally understand your busy, And I know the feeling of someone blowing you off! Anyways, best of luck with your future sales! Hopefully I can make it out there one day to see your store! You seem to have a ton of loyal customers.

Last edited by windcoast reefs; 12-05-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:29 PM

hey there windcoast reefs
you didn`t come across as being rude, you presented a legitimate concern.
I am sure others had the same feeling so I appreciated the oppurtunity to explain myself, perhaps in a better manner than originally posted.
thanks
Neal