Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 09-30-2007, 08:47 PM

mediaone is on a distinguished road

oh ... i'm sorry I was only saying "no" to running Windows Vista....

I am fairly handy with computers and I STILL feel that it is way to difficult to setup. You can see that GHL agrees by the changes they have made to the software and the firmware. This is something very good to see though!

Hopefully you will get yours up and running soon.

Regards,
Old 10-01-2007, 10:41 AM

Matthias Gross is on a distinguished road

Vista - no thanks!

At Macna i setup some PCs and ProfiLux. Usually it was done in 2-3 minutes.
Under Vista it was about 10 minutes. All the settings you need are hidden in some confusing menus of Vista. And Vista restores old settings or changes settings you have done some seconds before. It's unbelievable with Vista. I removed Vista on all our PCs here, we only use XP Professional until Vista works in an expectable way.

@mediaone:
Maybe Vista made some security updates or changed the firewall settings?
For testing: Deactivate the firewall (if Vista allows you to do this)
Another idea: If you selected "obtain IP automatically" you must have activated something like "DHCP-server" in your router.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:49 AM

@Niloc: I know at least 5 persons got their WLAN running (in this and the other forum)...

We want to improve the ProfiLuxControl again in some weeks. We can't do much more than we did recently but there are still some things we could make easier for the user.
But to be honest: Without a minimum knowledge about the network and the PCs at home (firewall, WLAN-security) it is not an easy job.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:55 PM

Matthias,

I have the router DHCP correctly setup and the WLan card in the profilux is set to obtain the IP automatically. I can see that the Profilux is able to acquire an IP from the router by watching the client list inside the router. The control software even finds the IP address, but it will not connect.

I have Windows Vista on my laptop (which worked last week with no settings changes!) and I have Win XP Pro on my desktop. I am unable to connect with either at this time despite all security turned off (both machines!) - even the firewall in my router is disconnected at this time.

I have knowledge about all of the attributes/settings required to complete this connection - it simply is not working! I'm not saying i'm perfect or not missing anything ... but I should be able to get this running! I don't get why it won't work now ... any other ideas?

I had this setup no problem in the past so it can't be that my hardware isn't compatible or anything like that. The rest of my network is functioning normally.

Please advise,
Old 10-02-2007, 05:19 AM

If ProfiLuxControl finds the card but isn't able to communicate with ProfiLux these are possible reasons:
- port 10001 is blocked (in windows or in the router) - for searching the card another port is used!
- an other port than 10001 is selected in WLAN card or ProfiLuxControl
- the baudrate in ProfiLux (only adjustable over the frontpanel of ProfiLux) is different to the baudrate in the WLAN card (only adjustable over the lantronix web configuration site) (recommendation: 9600 on both sides)
- the WLAN is not plugged in completely
- worst case: card and/or ProfiLux is defective - but this never happened until now
Old 10-03-2007, 03:48 PM

Thank you for the reply.

1) My router security is off including all port blocking.
2) The port information is interesting. How can I change the port that the WLAN card is using. I never set it to use port 10001. I never saw that in the tutorial guide or anything like that (or I read over it). Where can I change it?
3) I double checked that the WLAN is plugged in securely.

Regards,
Old 10-04-2007, 04:27 PM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road
Default Tunze 6055

Hi there,

I've got a Tunze 6055 hooked up to my profilux and was wondering who else had Tunze's connected? I am curious as to "safe" settings on the current page. I'm worried about things like too short duration or if the "right angled wave" setting will damage the pump.

Thanks
Old 10-08-2007, 11:51 PM

wrang is on a distinguished road

Great thread. I nearly has read all thing and it seems to be the best Aquarium computer now
Old 10-08-2007, 11:55 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

The GHL definately covers all things that the modern fish keeper requires and reliably for sure.

Wrang did you email us? As we received an email from Sweden asking for advise but no email was left on the contact form to get back to you.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:06 AM

wrang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
The GHL definately covers all things that the modern fish keeper requires and reliably for sure.

Wrang did you email us? As we received an email from Sweden asking for advise but no email was left on the contact form to get back to you.
Yes it was from me
It wonder if you sending to Sweden. I haved looked around and find you have the best price just now