Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 09-10-2006, 08:30 PM

support@proline is on a distinguished road

Hi Ed
The english website is under construction ,we will also have a support forum on Reef Central
http://aquariumcomputer.com/
I think it should be done in the next 2 or 3 weeks maybe a bit longer , but it's being worked on as we speak.
Thank you for your patience & meanwhile you can ask any questions you have here .
Also just to update you guys ,the SMS/BLUETOOTH , LAN will be released by the end of september or mid october.
GHL is also working on complete lighting system & other probes to test different parameters.
The lighting system will be very different than what we have seen so far in the hobby ,it will be probably released by the end of the year ,we will keep you posted as we know more
Regards
Proline
Old 09-10-2006, 09:02 PM

fredl is on a distinguished road

sounds like a very nice unit.
Is it similar to an IKS -Aquastar controller ?
Old 09-10-2006, 09:53 PM

support@proline is on a distinguished road

Similar in many features also Many new features & will be alot better in price compared to IKS
I like the display on Profilux better compared to IKS
Old 10-06-2006, 03:10 AM

i2ik is on a distinguished road

Any updates?
Old 10-08-2006, 06:03 PM

SuperFudge is on a distinguished road

I am just awaiting wireless for use of the software, unless i buy another pc i cannot run the line to my existing one....a week or two at most im hoping.

I was playing with the top off and level sensors and found some other features that are interesting.
You can have multiple back up options for water level control.

Multiple water level sensors can be used, also in combination with optical and/or float valve sensors.

These sensors can be used as minimum and max on a single water level, or to maintain multiple levels for top up.

They can also be set to preform your water change automaticaly, by using min and max sensors.

Failsafes are numerous, cord removal/wear or breakage results as a "max reading" and turns off supply, aswell as using a switched outlet on the powerbar max on times can be set, if exceeded will alarm and turn off supply.

Waves or chaotic water influence are minimal, sensors wait for a stable reading before switching.

Pretty soon ill have this puppy doin my all chores .

Marc.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:11 AM

Simply CRAZY!!! Performing water change!! Is there a way to do it? I would like to know more about the water change mecanism. How does it work? I have been trying to get more information about this controller up to now and its hard to find except from you. I will for sure be considering one of these or the Elos controller as soon as my tank arrived!
Old 10-11-2006, 03:37 AM

SuperFudge is on a distinguished road

i2ik,

Water Changes are performed at preset times.
Water will be drained off using the switchable socket.
At this time a sensor detecting a minimum water level will be shutting it off .
Then another switchable socket is automatically kicked on until a second water sensor is reading a maximum water level.

There is also a maximum on time for these outlets preset for "water" on 1 and 2, therefore if a sensor fails this outlet will automatically turn off according to what you have preset.

Marc.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:43 PM

Simply amazing! Thanks Fudge! Looking foward to get one. Do you know the price range of it?
Old 10-28-2006, 04:18 PM

Dave C is on a distinguished road

I can't find that controller on Proline's site but I did find ELOS. How does this product compare with the ELOS?
Old 12-11-2006, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
Networking, software and internet (bluetooth/LAN ready Aug. i believe) ill have to update this...i havent got to play with that part yet.

DO you have news of this part here? "networking, software and internet" is it just like Ethernet?

Thanks!

PS: have you try anything new with it? How is it working now after a few months that you have it? Also, i can't wait to be able to read the website of it: www.aquariumcomputer.com, any update on this Jason?

Last edited by i2ik; 12-11-2006 at 01:51 AM.