Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2010, 11:26 PM

e46er is on a distinguished road
Default changing existing CL??????

ok i have a closed loop already with a 1.5" bulkhead drain and a 3/4 inch bulkhead return and the pump is capable of around 3200 GPH well the 3/4" bulkhead under pressure is only good for around 1800 GPH so i used loc line Ys and have that 3/4 line split for 4 differnet loc lines and its in the middle of my tank with 2 rock arches on the sides and well its ****ing me off now its an eye sore..

so what i was thinking was if i ran a single 1.5" up the back and tee'd off to 4 or 5 3/4 inch lines into tank either adjusted by valves or an OM 4 way that would be ok right?

the 3/4" bulkhead is threaded so i can unthread the loc lines and thread in a cap for the 2 days it will take to plumb and set and the intake also has a ball valve do i can do this without driaining any tank water.

now i wont have any flood issues because the lines will come over the back of the tank so they will be higher than the water level in the tank in case of a power outage.

i will also leave a single loc line the the existing hole in the back of the tank but short and barely noticeable.

the sheer amount of flow isnt my issue its just id rather have slower flow coming from 10 different spots and angles as opposed to massive flow from a few spots....................

is the OM 4 way worth the 400 bux they cost?

i have a canopy so any piping over the back will also be concealed

Owner of Mountain Ridge Heating and Gas
Class A gas fitter, HVAC