Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Old 10-23-2012, 03:36 AM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

One thing I learned with my Radions, is that once they are working, leave them alone. I have the lighting, moonlight, and intensity the way I want it now, and they work fine. But that was after a lot of fiddling with the software to get it to do what I want.

Don't know who the programmers were that built this for them, but they sure leave a lot to be desired. It's been out for more than a year now, with several software and firmware updates. You'd think by now it would be pretty stable, but sure can't say that yet.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:38 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

I just read through this whole thread because it sounded like a great murder mystery. "Who killed the lights?". Seriously, the suspense was killing me LOL. Anyway, glad to see that it had a happy ending. Now, I noticed that you said you were kinda "meh" about your tank yet everything is doing well. What exactly don't you like about your tank then? Or is that another mystery that requires its own thread? :-)
Old 10-23-2012, 03:45 AM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Pilot View Post
One thing I learned with my Radions, is that once they are working, leave them alone. I have the lighting, moonlight, and intensity the way I want it now, and they work fine. But that was after a lot of fiddling with the software to get it to do what I want.

Don't know who the programmers were that built this for them, but they sure leave a lot to be desired. It's been out for more than a year now, with several software and firmware updates. You'd think by now it would be pretty stable, but sure can't say that yet.
Agreed! The problem was the hanging bars on top were interfering with the buttons, so even though the lights were set, they would randomly change modes. I'd reset and a few weeks later the programming was out of whack again. I don't see any reason to mess with them again for a while.

After a year, I don't know why they can't add to their manual, that's what is lacking, info. Even grouping the lights again took fiddling around.

Here's hoping!
Old 10-23-2012, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
I just read through this whole thread because it sounded like a great murder mystery. "Who killed the lights?". Seriously, the suspense was killing me LOL. Anyway, glad to see that it had a happy ending. Now, I noticed that you said you were kinda "meh" about your tank yet everything is doing well. What exactly don't you like about your tank then? Or is that another mystery that requires its own thread? :-)
It was a close call...jail time averted...for now..lol

Oh the tank, it's just been an overwhelming setup. The tank is ok, it's the equipment...see this thread?? it's one of a few. So I've stepped back a bit, keeping things simple, and letting the tank settle. I had so much success with corals in my 55 gl tank (which is what got me hooked on reefing), losing so many has been hard to deal with. For now, I'm focusing on the fish and getting things on the right track. I know it will get where I want it to be and it isn't going to be fast. Will see how things look in the spring.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:06 AM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
The problem was the hanging bars on top were interfering with the buttons
DAMN that is my bad, wish I would had seen an actual fixture in person before I built them. I know much better now, image of the top of the light burned into my brain.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 10-23-2012, 05:22 AM

Honestly Greg, there's nothing written in ecotechs manuals that says anything about interference. You built a great stand and I'm not complaining. Mine was a prototype and it works great! It only took ummm like 7 months to figure this out...lol
Old 12-09-2012, 10:07 PM

Here we go again. My center light is just flashing on and off. I've gone back through this thread and tried everything. Unplugged all the lights, reset to factory, everything and it won't stop flashing. Reef girl noted an issue like this and had to have her light replaced. Anything else I can try first?
Old 12-09-2012, 10:13 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I'm looking at trying a G2 fixture in the near future. I hope the programming bugs are worked out. Sounds like you are need of some of Ecotech's legendary cutomer service!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Colony Growing Master

Rice Reef is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
Here we go again. My center light is just flashing on and off. I've gone back through this thread and tried everything. Unplugged all the lights, reset to factory, everything and it won't stop flashing. Reef girl noted an issue like this and had to have her light replaced. Anything else I can try first?
Have you checked to see if the fan is working or not? If the fan is working run this Radion independently ( turn the other two completely off) and see if the light is still flashing... Do the reset for this unit and if that does not work contact Ecotech...
Old 12-09-2012, 10:18 PM

subman is on a distinguished road

What color lights are flashing Sheena?

My other summer hobby:
http://www.edkra.ca