Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 11-21-2011, 12:19 AM

wingedfish is on a distinguished road

Take some new pictures. if you have it plumbed right and the restrictor is closed and nothing coming out the supply, then possibly something is wrong with your membrane. Measure the waste water over time. At 100 g per day product at a 4:1 waist that would be 400 gallons waist per day or a quarter gallon a min. Check if you are around that.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:23 AM

Buckeye Field Supply is on a distinguished road

Snap a couple of pics to show how you have it plumbed now.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:35 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

I don't see an auto shut-off valve in your photo & the diagram sphelps provided has one of these just to the right of the valve/restrictor assembly. Another photo would help troubleshooting for sure, perhaps a couple showing the system from more than one angle.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:04 AM

-=James=- is on a distinguished road

Heres another pic. Sorry I didnt get any from more angles. Correct, there is no auto shutoff valve.

Nothing is coming out of the green tube, only the yellow. Im stumped!

Red: In
Blue: Out
Yellow: Waste
Green: RO out

Old 11-21-2011, 10:33 AM

Chief - you still have it plumbed incorrectly. Look again at the diagram someone posted earlier in this thread. You have the second carbon stage feeding the flow restrictor - it should be feeding the RO membrane.

Also - get rid of the pressurized storage tank if you have one, and get rid of the taste and odor filter that is above the DI resin stage.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:32 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Good eye, it's actually evident in your first two photos as well. The flow restrictor/flush valve is supposed to be plumbed into the yellow waste line. The white tubing from the prefilters should go directly to membrane. Looks like you'll need a longer piece for that (or flip the membrane housing into the other direction). This is where the auto shut off valve would normally be plumbed in.

Last edited by mike31154; 11-21-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:07 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

ok lets see if I can help you. first undo the line from #1 and plug it into number #2.

unplug the line from #3 and plug it into #5 and the end of the blue line you took out of #5, sould be plugged into #6

take your red line you just removed from #6 and plug it into #1

the line you unpluged from #2 and plug it into #3

make these first and maybe a new pic to clear up the mess

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:06 AM

-=James=- is on a distinguished road

Thanks to all who helped thus far. I dont know why something so simple is so hard for me

Here is what I have. Hopefully it is finally correct and I can start filling my tank!

Old 11-22-2011, 09:05 AM

I think it is still incorrect.

First: look in the white filter housings below the bracket. Need to know what is in each of those. The way you have it plumbed now, you should have a sediment filter in the right housing, carbon block in the center, and carbon block (or leave empty) in the left hand housing. These three prefilters MUST be in this order. I think your's are not.

It looks like you have the tubes on the right hand end of the RO membrane housing reverse. Figure out which of the two ports is your waste water, and which is your purified water. Here's a way to understand it rather than memorize it:

The water purified by the RO membrane exits the center stem of the membrane. Identify the port that comes from almost dead center on the end of the housing. The other port contains waste water and is located on the edge of the end of the RO membrane housing:

Once you get it hooked up correctly,
1. Remove the clear DI stage from its clips and orient it vertically with flow going through it from the bottom up.
2. Remove and do away with the final stage that comes after (is on top of) the DI stage.

Russ
Old 11-22-2011, 02:11 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=James=- View Post
Thanks to all who helped thus far. I dont know why something so simple is so hard for me

Here is what I have. Hopefully it is finally correct and I can start filling my tank!

double check on the bottom three filters that your red line is going to a port that says "in" if there is no "in" on either end then you have to open them and see what the filters are as mentioned. there might be an in/out on the top two filters also, so you might have to change the direction of thoes around also, mind you DI and carbon stages shouldn't matter if you enter the center or the outside. realy you don't even need the very top filter.

I think the membrain is set up right, the yellow line should be on the port closest to the outside, an easy way to confirm its right is put the water on and open the valve that the yellow line goes to. if it blasts out of the waist line it should be good, if it just dribbles then it may be backwards.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.