Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Old 07-20-2010, 10:04 PM

ffedde is on a distinguished road
Default Remora Aqua C Nano: How to quiet it down

Hi,

Just bought a Remora Aqua C Nano from canreef and am trying to find a way that would effectively quiet it down. I have my tank in the living room and I would only be able to use the Skimmer while I am at work if it remains that noisy. I remember that I saw somebody commenting on a solution a while ago, but I cannot remember who and have a hard time locating the thread. In any case, does any of you have a suggestion?

Also, is there a preferred setting for the collection cup on this unit and would that perhaps quiet it down? The instructions are very unclear about that fact as well.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:53 AM

DiverDude is on a distinguished road

Some people make acrylic 'covers' to put over the injection nozzle but I just took a piece of paper towel and foled it up and put it over it. It'll get wet and muffles the noise wonderfully.

I replaced mine once in a while.

29 Gal Bowfront w/24" LED Lights. DIY HOB Sump (5.4 Gal) MP40. Orange Spotted Watchman Goby, 2 Clownfish and a few hermits.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:54 PM

ffedde is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the contributions. I also found this interesting approach to reducing noise in the skimmer: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/inde...owtopic=102503

I have to say, that the Remora is slowly quieting down on its own in the last few days if that is possible. Its still loud though, lol! I have to try the options that folks recommended on the weekend.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:07 PM

ALang is on a distinguished road

WOW!!!
Thank you! I run both a Remora and Remora Pro. They are pretty noisy.
I tried the paper towel trick and they have quieted down considerably!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:48 AM

Katie3G is on a distinguished road

I realize this thread is a bit old but I thought I would add my 2 cents. The folded paper towel works wonders for the noise. The people at Aqua C also recommend the use of a folded piece of paper towel. I would also like to add that they have wonderful customer service.