Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 11-28-2009, 06:07 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Thanks again everyone. Justin I really appreciate you sharing that with me it helps me a lot. It will help her a lot when I can share it with her. She's sleeping right now. She joked tonight about balding before me. A sign she's strong right now.

I'm going to be forced to look at finances soon and I'm pretty scared. I'd lose my shirt on the house if I downsized right now. I'll have to cut costs and somehow keep us afloat. I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort but I may try and sell my system. I don't honestly know much about her condition yet bit I'm sure she can never run a dayhome again ( immune system) so things will be tough.

Thanks guys
Old 11-28-2009, 07:00 AM
bvlester

HI Just wanted to sorry to hear about your wife yesturday when I picked up Leah's potters angle. My mom has been in a battle with cancer for a few years now and has also had double bypass surgery she just keeps on working around the house and will not let anyone help much. I have got to sit her down and tell her to just rest and sit, while I do things for her. Believe it or not that only works for about 10 minutes, my mom's 76 and will not stop. My mom just got new the cancer is back and she said got to keep going it just cancer all in one breath.

Let yuor wife know theres alot of people out here praying for you guys and best wishes all around.

our prayers are with you.
Bill
Old 11-28-2009, 07:57 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Thanks again everyone. Justin I really appreciate you sharing that with me it helps me a lot. It will help her a lot when I can share it with her. She's sleeping right now. She joked tonight about balding before me. A sign she's strong right now.

I'm going to be forced to look at finances soon and I'm pretty scared. I'd lose my shirt on the house if I downsized right now. I'll have to cut costs and somehow keep us afloat. I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort but I may try and sell my system. I don't honestly know much about her condition yet bit I'm sure she can never run a dayhome again ( immune system) so things will be tough.

Thanks guys
No problem man...It's nice to talk to people who have gone through it already.

Please PM me if you want to talk or have questions. I can give you a call. Hang in there man. It gets better

Talked to my mom tonight and I was 5 when the problems started but actually they didn't think it was cancer at first because they said I was too young and actually my blood count was fine. It wasn't until almost 8 when I was diagnosed after having a paralyzing pain one night in my spine. That was just over 20 years ago now!

I won't get too much into this now as it seems a little inappropriate at this point but since you mentioned the dayhome...

It is rough on your immune system although when in remission and not on chemo, I don't get sick much. I think this is due to a few things, one, I take very good care of myself now and two, 3 years ago I had a bone marrow transplant which seems to have been very successful. I will never be able to repay my younger brother for the pain he went through to help me.

I take a drug everyday to "normalize" my white blood cell count (I make too many which doesn't allow enough red and platelets to be produced) and another to slow down the cancerous cells because even during remission they are still there. I take quite a few other pills daily for anemia as well.

But most days I feel normal and no one would know I have it.

I have now been told that although I will have to go for blood tests monthly, take pills the rest of my life, be careful with my immune system amongst other things, that I should live a normal lifespan.

Anyways, hope that helps. Its probably too much to think about right now but I thought I would share my experience. It always seemed to help me when I heard other success stories
Old 11-28-2009, 08:12 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

We hope to be in Vancouver n may not sure that's realistic now. Your story helped us both. She wants to meet up with you if we go. Pretty tired but certainy ill pm you soon Justin. Congrats on your winning battle.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:56 PM

Chowder is on a distinguished road

Brett just got caught up. Sorry to here the news on your wife. Glad to here a positive outlook for her. My prayers go out to you two. Hope to continue to hear good news from you on her condition.

Chris
Old 11-29-2009, 04:12 AM

Carmen is on a distinguished road

My heart aches for you and your wife Brett. Prayers for both of you.

45 Gallon Cube with 10 Gallon Sump, Lighting 8 bulb T5, Vertex IN 80 Skimmer
-2 Occelaris Clowns, Engineer Goby, RBTA, Peppermint Shrimp
Old 11-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Gold Member

Thanks guys.

Brianne is still having some nausea. They may have to sedate her more so she keeps her meds down. The doctors are happy with all her progress though and the nausea is normal for chemotherapy. Her heartrate at times has held steady below 100 and while she was sleeping was 86 - 90 which is great. She arrived here at 155 - 160. Their only goal for her today is rest.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:01 AM

muck is on a distinguished road

Nice to hear she is doing so well Brett!
I think i check Canreef more often than normal now hoping to see an update on this thread.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:15 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by muck View Post
Nice to hear she is doing so well Brett!
I think i check Canreef more often than normal now hoping to see an update on this thread.
+1

Glad to hear the treatment is going well

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:17 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Also glad to hear its going well. Keep us updated.