Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2010, 05:21 AM

sharuq1 is on a distinguished road
Default What can I do to help?

I am starting a job at a long term care facility and we've been given a lot of free rein as to how to brainstorm ways to make the resident's experience nicer while they are living there. I am thinking what better way to do that then to have a pretty little fish tank to stare at during the day! Even the folks that can't communicate, the ones that are "trapped" in their bodies, I think would benefit from the relative peace and beauty of a tank to look at.

Does anyone have any advice about how I could start this project in a cost effective way? The facility cannot help with decorations unfortunately and I'm a new grad, so although I would love to take this project on myself, I fiscally cannot do it at the moment. But I could probably donate a small tank or some used items and a baby clown (hopefully).

Can you help me by brainstorming out some suggestions canreefers? What could I do to make this happen for these folks? I'd like to do a little SW nano if I can. I will do FW if I have to, but I think SW would have a greater impact because it is something people don't commonly see. Maybe you know someone getting rid of old dead tuffa? Or is overrun with gsp or something, anything. Please, any ideas at all, post em up Both myself and the future residents of the facility will appreciate your suggestions.