Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Lower Mainland

Old 07-25-2006, 06:32 PM

more1020 is on a distinguished road

Totally awesome!

Chin,I just sent you a PM.

Thanks again!
Old 07-25-2006, 06:46 PM

Psyire is on a distinguished road

Thanks Chin for not giving up on group buy's! It looks like this one is going to pay off big for everyone involved. (Much thanks to the NIH National Resource for Aplysia)

I'm also happy that you will indeed 'reship' this algae to us that are not in the Vancouver area. I'm more than willing to pay for all costs involved. I'll be in touch through PM's.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:08 PM

Chin_Lee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Chin_Lee
Default Hot off the press

NEW DATE FOR SHIPMENT AUGUST 9

Quote:
Hi there: due to harvest schedule, we are going to have the 30 pounds of gracilaria for you guys on August 8. I just found out that our last big harvest of the gracilaria was two days ago so we will be short until our next harvest date of August 7. We will ship on Tuesday, August 8 and you will receive it on august 9. I hope this doesn’t cause you any problems with your members. Please advise.
So of course I replied that its alright
The information post has been amended accordingly.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:41 PM

Default New Update modified from previous

I have limited the amount to 2 lbs maximum (if you asked for 1 lb, you get 1 lb. If you asked for <2 lbs, you get 2 lbs. I don't get 3 lbs anymore because of a counting error ... shucks). With that in mind, the following amounts will be set aside for each persons:
Chin Lee - 2 lbs
Xtasia - 1 lb
Seahorse - 2 lb
Targa81 - 1 lb
Jimmyray - 2 lb
Seashells - 2 lbs
Chad - 1 lb
Skylord - 1 lb
Marie - 2 lbs
Tigger - 2 lbs
Rikko - 1 lb
GMGQ - 1 lb
More1020 - 2 lb

Calgary (pls see below regarding shipping)
OACalgary - 2 lbs

Fort St. John
Ruth - 2 lbs confirmed to be shipped

Northen Alberta
Psyire - 2 lbs confirmed to be shipped

Edmonton
Funkyfish and Muck - 4 lbs confirmed to be shipped combined

3) SHIPPING: I will ship but read the following because I will not waver from it and please do not PM to make exceptions.

- you will need to pay your share of the initial shipping cost, box charges, paperwork costs. In addition to your shipping cost.
- I will only ship via Canada Post but you decide if you want Prioirty Courier or Xpresspost or regular. Whatever you decide is what I will use but its at your own risk whichever method you choose (keeping in mind of the tempatures we have been experiencing)
- only the amount set aside for you will be shipped to you. I know its more worthwhile to ship more to get your money's worth but with this being a donation, the amount set aside is only fair to all. Unfortunately your 1-2 lbs of seaweed might be costing you quite a bit of $ to be shipped Priority.
- I will send everybody who requires re-shipping a PM to confirm if you are still interested. If you give up your share, that amount will be offered to the first person in line to post and until their initial desired amount is fulfilled IE if Joe Blow in Alberta is entitled to 2 lbs and he gives it up, the 2 lbs will go to Chin Lee to get his 5 lbs that he initially wanted. Then Ruth will get the next three lbs and OACalgary will get the next 8 lbs etc etc etc.

4) PICK UP - Since I don't have the room to store 30 lbs of gracilaria in my tank,
- EVERYBODY MUST PICK UP THEIR ALGAE ON THE EVENING OF WEDNESDAY AUGUST 9nd or EVENING OF THURSDAY AUGUST 10th.
- NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All of you, please PM me by Monday August 7th indicating which day and time you will be coming by to pick up your algae.
- if I don't get a PM from you by Monday August 7, I will send you a a friendly PM reminder on Tuesday August 8 for an answer. If there is no response by Wednesday, I will assume you have forfeited your portion and will be re-distributed in the manner as discussed previously.
- By Tuesday August 8, you will all get a PM from me advising of the shared cost per pound. The amount WILL be rounded up to the nearest dollar IE $7.01 will be rounded to $8.00 because a $0.99 tip is really not too much to ask for and its a lot easier to deal with than to deal with pennies and dimes.
- PLEASE BRING EXACT CHANGE. Otherwise, if I don't have change, I will take this opporunity to thank you in advance for the tip.
- if you cannot make it on either one of those days, set it up with another person on the list to pick it up for you. Then send me a PM of who it is. Work it out amongst yourselves and don't ask me to intervene because I will forget and somebody will inevitably get upset.
- I will not hold it for anybody because I cannot. My sump will be filled as it already is.

IN SUMMARY:

LOCALS
Send me a PM by August 7 advising me of which day you will be picking up your algae. I will accept $ (exact change) or cheque

OUT OF TOWNERS
Send me a PM with the following information:
1) Prioirty Courier or Xpresspost or Regular
2) Mailing address
You will get a final bill after I ship at which point you can mail me a cheque.

Thank you everybody for your patience and understanding. I will keep you all posted.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:59 PM

Ruth is on a distinguished road

Chin - thanks so much for organizing this as well as to the generous folks that are donating the algea.
If it makes it easier for you to ship mine to Psyire I can arrange to pick it up from him in Grande Prairie (at least I think I can without talking to you Craig). It will cut down on having to get another box and shipping to a different address - your call though, just let me know.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:25 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Thanks a bunch Chin. Also a big thanks to the crew for donating the algae!!

Ruth, If you will be in E-Town sometime after the ship date I could hold it for you as well.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:56 AM

marie is on a distinguished road

Thanks Chin, more importantly Brad Pitt thanks you

Meet Brad Pitt

BTW this fish is your fault, I bought him after I saw yours

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 07-26-2006, 01:44 AM

Funky_Fish14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Funky_Fish14

Marie, that looks like an achilles/gold-rim hybrid? I have read of such occurences on university papers, and apparently it is not uncommon.

Gourgeous fish nonetheless! I love both of those species myself!
Old 07-26-2006, 01:53 AM

GMGQ is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Awesome! Thanks a lot, Chin! PM coming your way.

2016/2017 180Gallon Build Coming Soon...
Old 07-26-2006, 02:03 AM

Default no matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth
Chin - thanks so much for organizing this as well as to the generous folks that are donating the algea.
If it makes it easier for you to ship mine to Psyire I can arrange to pick it up from him in Grande Prairie (at least I think I can without talking to you Craig). It will cut down on having to get another box and shipping to a different address - your call though, just let me know.
it doesnt' matter with me either way. let me know what you decide and I'll do it