Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 03-15-2010, 06:19 AM

midgetwaiter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
certionaly looks like they launched a lawsuit against MS to me.
I never said they didn't, I said the details you posted were incorrect.

Quote:
in fact if MS wounldn't have given money to Apple in 97, there might not be a apple. but like anything else... MS needs compatition or they are declaired a monopoly so it was in there best interest to keep Apple floating. just like the comercials they let apple run.
That's a pretty common interpretation and a deeply flawed one. There is no way Microsoft could defend a charge of being a monopoly by highlighting Apple, they owned 100 Million in preferred stock! Pointing out that you own a big chunk of your strongest competition would NOT help.

Quote:
"The lawsuit single-handedly tainted Microsoft-Apple relations until 1997, when Microsoft pumped $100 million into Apple.
The 1985 agreement hurt Sculley almost as much as the judgment did. Mac users everywhere were shocked that the Apple CEO would give Microsoft unfettered access to the Macintosh interface in exchange for Excel and Word.
Apple appealed the ruling and made it all the way to the Supreme Court, which declined to hear the case"
I'd respectfully suggest you link to wikipedia entries in the future rather than do the copy / paste thing, even if you do use quotes. The only obvious indication of the transition is the lack of spelling mistakes.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:10 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
Id respectfully suggest you link to wikipedia entries in the future rather than do the copy / paste thing, even if you do use quotes. The only obvious indication of the transition is the lack of spelling mistakes.
wasn't wicipedia, cant trust nothing you read on that site. it was actualy off an apple site.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:12 PM

Ron99 is on a distinguished road

As I see it the various lawsuits etc. had little to do with the near death of Apple. Ironically, I think it was a relative lack of innovation and expensive mediocre products due to the succession of bean counter CEOs (John Sculley, Michael Spindler, Gil Amelio) that almost killed Apple. While there were a few inspired products during that period (the first Powerbooks were fairly innovative in the laptop world) it was nothing like what we see now. It was the return of Steve Jobs and a renewed focus on innovation, great industrial design and ease of use that brought Apple back. Dealings with Microsoft etc. were interesting side stories.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:08 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3irf4IAv9U
Old 03-18-2010, 06:49 PM

Slick Fork is on a distinguished road

Vital Ipad Comparisons!

http://wwww.9gag.com/photo/17815_full.jpg

http://www.sammyliu.com/wp-content/u.../01/t8ki7o.jpg