Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 02-20-2007, 06:44 PM

bourbon is on a distinguished road
Default question for Dave C

can you comment on what you can and can't do via internet vs pc direct connect.

I've heard the aquatronica just has minimal abilities vs internet vs pc connection.

Thanks.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:52 PM

Dave C is on a distinguished road

The direct PC connection allows you to access the unit from your computer and look at/print graphs of parameters, change programs, update firmware... stuff like that. I rarely use it but it's a necessary piece to have in order to keep your unit current. It comes with the unit at most places I've seen.

The ethernet connection allows you to connect your unit to a router and have access to it on the net. So far you have fairly minimal access IMO. You can see all of the parameters for any probes you own. You can also see any powerbars on the system and the status of whatever is plugged into those powerbars. While you can't change the programs over the net you can change the status of anything plugged into a powerbar. So you can turn off lights, pumps etc. It was great when I was on vacation to be able to jump onto a computer, see that everything was working the way it should be working and know that all measurable parameters are in the correct range. Hopefully in the future the ethernet access will give you more power and abilities.
225g reef 3x250w MH 8x39w T5 Sfiligoi/ACLS, Deltec AP851, Deltec PF601S, Deltec KM500, Ozotech Poseidon, Aquatronica, Tunze TS48, Tunze Nanostream 6025s, Aqua UV 114w, MTC Ozone reactor, Cole Parmer peristaltic pump

67g reef, Euro-Reef RS135, 60g refugium, Mag 9 return, Tunze Nanostream 6025s, 4x39w T5
Old 02-20-2007, 06:55 PM

Psyire is on a distinguished road

Edit: What Dave said...
Old 04-18-2009, 10:16 AM

Umpa is on a distinguished road

Well I have the Aquatronica and I am still waiting for the Ca probe.