Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Old 01-14-2014, 03:33 AM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrosdal View Post
The A8 is an awesome and powerful light. I do like the front to back coverage it gives being 11" deep as opposed to most other fixtures that are narrower. If you do decide to go that way i can email you a layout from when we used to sell them to use for reference. Or if you look back in this thread Coasting put up a layout that may need a bit of work but is an ok starting point.
That would be awesome Nick. You have used them? How come not selling them anymore? And personal opinion on a softie tank, 60x24x24 Would 2 A8 be perfect or overkill? And am I right that I would need 3 D120's as there only 16" long and narrow, correct?

I don't get a lot of computer research time and fall off on a lot of the threads. But I am just fed up with my DIY Cree/Multichip lights.

dan@banditpowdercoat.com

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 01-14-2014, 04:03 AM
Vendor

nrosdal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
That would be awesome Nick. You have used them? How come not selling them anymore? And personal opinion on a softie tank, 60x24x24 Would 2 A8 be perfect or overkill? And am I right that I would need 3 D120's as there only 16" long and narrow, correct?

I don't get a lot of computer research time and fall off on a lot of the threads. But I am just fed up with my DIY Cree/Multichip lights.

dan@banditpowdercoat.com
They were not a big seller due to most people don't need that much power (it would be overkill for most sps tanks with the area it covers and how much wattage is available in it) but more is better then not enough. For a softie tank 3 d120 is tons and would even allow for most sps in the top 2/3 of the tank. But the a8 is a beauty and would allow for sps on sand and burnt stuff everywhere else if you have on full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coasting View Post
Oh gee thanks....
haha, its all personal preference. Some people order standard layout from me and want 15 extra white or blues and switch the fixture to look either like a urine color or make a listerine color tank and are happy when i wouldn't be.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:50 AM

navbc is on a distinguished road
Default ever grow d120

Does any one know any other suppliers in Canada carries d120 controllable led as reefsupply.ca don't have it in stock thanks
Old 02-24-2015, 10:43 AM
Vendor

Reef Supplies is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by navbc View Post
Does any one know any other suppliers in Canada carries d120 controllable led as reefsupply.ca don't have it in stock thanks
Hi

The d120 are now the 2120 and we indeed have stock. Also its not reefsupply.ca, it's reefsupplies.ca, more specifically http://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-st...-16-Light.html

Thanks

http://www.reefsupplies.ca
Old 01-14-2014, 03:36 AM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrosdal View Post
. Or if you look back in this thread Coasting put up a layout that may need a bit of work but is an ok starting point.
Oh gee thanks....
Old 01-14-2014, 04:00 AM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

I have the bare bones d120s. Two over my 4' 70g.

Looks great!

My rbta never bubbled under my t5. But it loves this.

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:51 PM

navbc is on a distinguished road
Default ever grow light

My apology for the mistake. On the lighting model it should be 48" it2012 not the d120 and sorry about company name
Old 02-24-2015, 05:25 PM
Vendor

Reef Supplies is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by navbc View Post
My apology for the mistake. On the lighting model it should be 48" it2012 not the d120 and sorry about company name
Yupp, All out. The largest we currently have left it stock is the 2080. Our shipment will be in as soon as China gets back to work...everyone is still hung-over form their holiday.

http://www.reefsupplies.ca