Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 04:02 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

Still a follower I see? hmmm...never saw such devotion from someone before, although I did have a few. interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
o god here we go let me guess it wasnt the zoas right he prob has velvet....throw him in some peroxide and a couple doses of vit c followed by some hypo.....

stiff drink anyone?????
Old 10-25-2011, 04:08 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
Still a follower I see? hmmm...never saw such devotion from someone before, although I did have a few. interesting!

you forgot your
Old 10-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Let's try to keep the personal attacks out of the thread please. Danielle/Denny, use PM for taking shots please...
Old 10-25-2011, 04:11 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Most LPS corals cause my hands/fingers to go numb/tingly and slightly swollen. Particularly Euphyllia sp and the various brain corals. Most Plays will do this to me as well, but most Zoas don't (regardless of color). In fact, if I spend an hour or more messing around in the tank (stacking rock, etc) my hands/fingers will go numb/tingly and fairly swollen and will actually cause me a slight bit of asthma. The only time I ever wear gloves is when I am handling live rock at an LFS. I do wear safety glass anytime I am fragging though as I think a shot of plain ole saltwater to the eye would be irritating enough, let alone a shot of slimy coral saltwater.

SPS fanatic.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:11 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Let's try to keep the personal attacks out of the thread please. Danielle/Denny, use PM for taking shots please...

sorry brad will do
Old 10-25-2011, 04:15 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

Nothing to disprove it, nothing to prove it either!

One thing is sure, HE SHOULD go see a doctor.

don't you agree?

The problem with this type of thread is that the OP simply assume that it was caused by handling zoanthids and he comes here and say so as if it was the true story, but without having done proper test and having consulted a doctor, it is just pure assumption. This is how myths multiply and survive.

If he go see a doctor and have a blood test done that confirm playtoxin poisoning then it will be proven. Until he does that, no proof and still a possible rick that something else very bad is on its way.

If he touched the zoanthids with his right hand (he probably have)..then why his right arm was not affected as well? sure... I would be more worried that something else might have been the cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
You believe this and you believe that but you still haven't proven or disproven anything. Op was having symptoms and his theory as to why it happen is way more probable, even without proof. You have 0 facts stating that zoas don't cause tingling in your hand after touching them and that it's only the brown ones.

Last edited by daniella3d; 10-25-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:30 PM

howdy20012002 is on a distinguished road

+1 for glasses.
I was scrapping an aiptasia off a rock and of all places it landed in my freaking eye.
My eye was red, irrated and hurt like a son of a gun for 3 days.
Looked like I was on a bender and needed to go to AA for a while.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:19 PM

HaZRaTTy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
now thats good advice and should be a sticky;p
+1
Old 10-25-2011, 07:49 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

What a car wreck, I couldn't stop reading even thou I knew I should have after the second post! . After finishing this I feel like removing my eye balls for a long soak in iodine after which I would return them to their sockets with little cocktail weinie forks and hope for a passing solar eclipse........
Old 10-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjef View Post
What a car wreck, I couldn't stop reading even thou I knew I should have after the second post! . After finishing this I feel like removing my eye balls for a long soak in iodine after which I would return them to their sockets with little cocktail weinie forks and hope for a passing solar eclipse........
Couldn't have said it better myself Oh, don't handle eyeballs without gloves....just sayin'