Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 06-15-2012, 06:25 PM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknife View Post
I really love your rock in this tank.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:11 PM

blacknife is on a distinguished road
Default Stuipid glass why do you have to crack and make work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
I really love your rock in this tank.
Thanks.. I will try to get a similar look when I rebuild.

So I was downstairs watching something on netflix, go upstairs for 20 mins, and my kid starts saying something about the tank dripping. I ignore at first as we were about to come back down to watch a movie. as we come down he starts yelling all excitedly. Before I can even see the water I can hear Power heads and return pumps churning and gurgling in air. Panic sets in.. breakers are shut off for safety.

I look for about 5 mins before I see that the bottom of the 40b is cracked diagonally corner to corner.

2 hours later cracked tank is outside. 15-20 gallons of water are cleaned up. all livestock is crammed into the display and sump.

meh i need to upgrade anyways I just can not do it right now.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:28 PM

one mp10 has flaked out after being moved over too. Probably something simple but I am not worried about it right now, to grumpy.

I forgot my mckoskers does not get along with my dotty back and could not see him in the tank. the overflow has netting around it.

i fed everyone and could not see the wrasse and was worried because he got pretty beat up last time.

little bugger is in the baffles in my sump, I did not make those big enough to get a fish net in hah but he can stay down there till i know what the hell i am doing.

Last edited by blacknife; 06-16-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:17 PM

cale262 is on a distinguished road

I have a couple dry 30 gallon tanks sitting here if you need something to borrow until you figure out tha DT situation...I even have a dry 170rr acrylic tank if you want to borrow that instead.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:03 PM

The gf is out for an hour or 2 might as well sneak that 170 to prove to her i need a bigger tank.
which of those tanks in your basement was the 170? the one on the tall stand?

ok back to reality heh

Thanks for the offer but I think I can make do for now. I do have a 25g and a 14g cube neither one drilled or clean right now, and a few brand spanking new rubbermaid tubs if I decide to do something crazy.

I got most of the corals into the 55 a few colonies are in the 20g refuge. I need to do something about lighting in there. I have a 250w de pendant but i salvaged the cord when i put the lights together for the 40b. I don't really want to unwire that as it was a little PITA to jam the cord back into the wiring box. I think the original wiring was done in the factory before the box was riveted into place. so the only thing I really need to find is a male plug for a Hamilton ballast. or plug/cord combo. or any 24 inch lighting that will sustain SPS, or to mod my 250w se not hqi that used to be on the 20g that will not fit in the stand the 20 is in now.

It would be nice to keep the same or larger footprint <36x18> on any replacement just for the lighting bits I do have availiable, 18 wide always feels a little cramped to me.

I have a few things on the go for work possibilities but not all of them are local. It would be nice to know if i have to move in the next few months before i get all crazy with bigger tanks.

Must be a little stressed I just re-read this whole post and it seems really scattered oh well

Last edited by blacknife; 06-16-2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Head Implosion
Old 06-17-2012, 03:03 AM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

Oh my! Any idea why the 40B cracked?
Old 06-17-2012, 05:26 AM

old age? I am not sure. I was at least the third owner of it. It was running bare bottom, there are no obvious chips or impact points from the rock, and all my rock looked to be in the same place as it was. I have never checked if it was level, and I have never liked the construction of the stand. I will try to see if it is twisted or not level, as I would like to have an excuse for its cracking. I have a futon sitting on the floor 5 feet away and it does not sit level as there is a crack in the cement there. and the water that spilled out of the tank makes some interesting puddles. The water defiantly does not flow towards the floor drain on the other side of the room.

I don't mind the bare bottom approach but I guess next round I will either run some acrylic or sand.

The mp-10 started working again after being unplugged for a few hours. It was flashing red/green and was totally unresponsive.

I think I made a few new frags today too. I will have to pick through everything as I finish sorting everything out.

once again tank in an unfinished basement, and the power of shop vac saved the day.

Last edited by blacknife; 06-17-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:31 AM

cale262 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknife View Post
The gf is out for an hour or 2 might as well sneak that 170 to prove to her i need a bigger tank.
which of those tanks in your basement was the 170? the one on the tall stand?

ok back to reality heh

Yes but it's actually on the back deck now for a good cleaning
Old 06-17-2012, 01:43 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Holy crap dude that sucks!.....at least it happened when you were home....
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 06-17-2012, 06:58 PM

Yeah i was rather shocked, considering it was at most a half hour I was upstairs. Corals were just starting to be out of the water.:what: