Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2010, 09:28 AM

Funky_Fish14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Funky_Fish14
Default Getting in to Biking!?

Hey Folks,

I've always been into breaking my sportcheck bikes on DH and trail riding... doing trials in the city, etc... I've also enjoyed riding the skinny tires that i've tried.

This coming school-year I want to avoid parking fees and the use of my gas-guzzling SUV and pick up some sort of bike. I need a bike that is great on city roads (good or bad) but wont complain if I take it on the trail... ride off a drop, or find some nasty potholes.

Seems Devinci and Rocky Mountain bikes are good all around brands... I was in "Redbike" in town looking at some bikes a couple days ago. I think my price range is under $1000 (broke student being 'funded' by parents, lol) and that seems to restrict me to hard-tail (which I dont mind, i've ridden some nice ones). I was concerned about losing energy with a soft-tail but I guess good bikes can be adjusted so that does not affect it?

Depending on how this experience goes, I may branch into city or trail/DH bike more... this is my starting point to get away from the crappy sport-check bikes!

Anyways if anyone has any input or suggestions I really appreciate them! And if I should be going to a better store im all ears! The guy there was super nice though and very honest, and their service and 1 year free adjustments sounds good.

Thanks!

Chris