Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 10-20-2012, 04:45 PM

cyberdude47 is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone else can't stand UPS

UHG so sick of UPS, delayed shipping. Cost is stupid and on top if it they just charged me $97 brokerage on a $200 item. Wish I could boycott them. And trying to discuss why they charged 70 ish broker fee plus tax is like segueing with this wall beside me
Old 10-20-2012, 04:56 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

There was a discussion on here earlier about how you can do the customs paperwork yourself to avoid their outrageous charges. Here is the link from that thread http://www.thegatesofdawn.ca/wordpre...rokerage-fees/ I generally just ask the sender nicely if they would please use USPS instead. Or I have them send the package to some friends in the USA and then have those friends mail it to me with USPS.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 10-20-2012, 05:01 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I will only deal with US companies that ship USPS as well. Even in Canada when items are shipped UPS to me they are the only company I have ever dealt with that continually loses my packages. The last one they lost they told me they dropped it off with a "neighbor", the address they gave me was 7 blocks away and the package wasn't there. Luckily it was from Costco and they had a new item send out the next day for me.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:06 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
I will only deal with US companies that ship USPS as well. Even in Canada when items are shipped UPS to me they are the only company I have ever dealt with that continually loses my packages. The last one they lost they told me they dropped it off with a "neighbor", the address they gave me was 7 blocks away and the package wasn't there. Luckily it was from Costco and they had a new item send out the next day for me.
Thats hilarious! They've done that to me too! Once they delivered my package to a house 10 doors up the street. The address on the package was typed and clear but the driver didn't read the house number correctly. You'd think that being able to read numbers would be a prerequisite for their job.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 10-20-2012, 05:31 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

Literally worst company I've ever dealt with fr anything. Seems like they're fun by monkeys.

They have no contact with drivers. They kept me waiting all day saying the package was enroute. Then called me at 9:10pm to tell me it was forgot at the facility.

And I finally bitched so much that they're issuing a refund. And guess how they issue refunds...... "Cheque in the mail"

I've started a twitter account with the mission of making everyone aware of their crap.

To get the fastest response with issues just include @UPS in your tweets

Last edited by MarkoD; 10-20-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

I would rather not buy something if the only option is UPS. Yes, by far the worst company for shipping. I hate Purolator as well.

I really like Fedex. Haven't had any problems (knock on wood) with Fedex and corals being shipped. The other two, nothing but problems. Even when I put a big sign on my door and leave the door partially open, they'll mess up. It's like they only hire incompetents there for delivery to my neighbourhood.

Canada Post has also been good for packages (non-live).

So stay away from Purolator and UPS. USPS, Fedex & Canada Post are reliable.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:08 PM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

Don't even get me started still waiting for them to deal with a claim I'm out 200 bucks right now

Sent from my porcelain aquarium

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 10-20-2012, 07:14 PM

cyberdude47 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
I had something similiar happen with an aquactinic fixture. They claim they dropped it off on my doorstep prior to a long weekend when I was out of town and wasn't there when I got home. I asked who signed and they said they done require signatures anymore. So someone made off with a $2000 fixture
Old 10-20-2012, 07:32 PM

JMes is on a distinguished road

The brokerage fees are such a scam. My order was $220 and they charged me $98 in brokerage fees.
On a side note. Anyone use DHL lately? I use them for my Iherb orders. All I can say is WOW. Awesome service!!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:04 PM

syncro is on a distinguished road

UPS has charged outrageous brokerage fees for at least the last 5 years. I'll only buy from the States if it can be shipped via USPS ($5 flat brokerage fee).