Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylumdown View Post
Perhaps this is a really naive question, but I know nothing about retail or supply chains: Why is a direct to customer model considered bad? Why would that make stores drop a line of products?
Because customers/stores don't want to go through the nightmare of international shipping and customs. A distributor is there in this sort of scenario to:

A. Make bulk purchases, thereby reducing/mitigating these overhead expenses.

B. Localize the product.

C. Increase the visibility of the product.

Let's get something straight, RE does not have the manpower, knowledge or finesse to turn BK into an international brand. That is something that others did through hard work, directed market planning and salesmanship.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:35 PM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

ooooooh, yah when you put it that way I'd probably stop carrying the product as well (if I had a store). Wouldn't that also mean that any individuals who wanted to buy product 'direct' (as in, online) would also have to pay crazy international shipping fees?
Old 06-27-2013, 07:47 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylumdown View Post
ooooooh, yah when you put it that way I'd probably stop carrying the product as well (if I had a store). Wouldn't that also mean that any individuals who wanted to buy product 'direct' (as in, online) would also have to pay crazy international shipping fees?
Bingo!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:00 PM

Jeremy B. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
I contacted premium aquatics and they told me they can only order a pallet at a time so my impeller would cost 400 to ship
This is not true, at no point in time did I tell you that the impeller would be $400 to ship and that we can only order in pallet quantity. I was trying to help you with warranty, however I needed to get the impeller assembly back from you to do so. You told me that Proline held onto the impeller and then threw it away, so there is no way for me to get it back.

Moving forward, I offered to get the impeller for you at our cost since we couldn't do warranty from Proline throwing your impeller in the trash. Here is the copy of the email that I sent to you....

On 2013-06-27, at 9:27 AM, Jeremy Brower <jeremy@premiumaquatics.com> wrote:

I apologize, I'm just trying to help out here and this is the first I'm in the loop on it. Replacement cost of the impeller would be $170 (this is $35 below our retail on it). Shipping via USPS would be the cheapest to you, and probably around $15 - $20. If you let me know immediately I can probably still get this added to our parts order that is leaving Germany either tomorrow or Monday, and will be here in about 10 days.

Thanks,
Jeremy Brower
PremiumAquatics.com
6050 E Hanna Ave #4
Indianapolis, IN 46203
317-895-9005
317-895-9395 fax

Again, I apologize we couldn't help anymore with warranty, but without the item in question for warranty there really is nothing we can do, I'm sorry.

Furthermore, we actually have motorblocks and impellers in stock currently from Royal-Exclusiv that they gave us for warranty purposes, free of charge to us. Anyone who has a warranty issue with an original invoice from purchase is more than welcome to contact me for help with this.

I really don't think it's really anyone elses business to know what happened with the relationship between Royal-Exclusiv and Proline, or Royal-Exclusiv and Vertex. That's between those companies only, and their business, and the info should not be privy to anyone outside of those entities as long as customer are being supported with warranty on all product lines, which they still are.

Last edited by Jeremy B.; 07-03-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:25 PM

Royal-Exclusiv is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Jeremy, for clear up the Situation...

best regards to Canada... Klaus Jansen

Last edited by Royal-Exclusiv; 07-03-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:31 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Wait so let me get this straight;

MarkoD lied about pricing, service, time span and then got onto the soap box to troll you??!

This guys my favorite, please don't ban him again Netflix is far to pricey.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:32 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

This happened before I directly contacted you. I got a reply from customerservice@premiumaquatics.com that said:

"We would not be able to have it shipped direct to you. we would have to have it shipped to us 1st the estimated shipping cost would be around $400. We suggest that you contact Royal Exclusiv website. They may be able to ship it direct and help save you on the cost.

Thanks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy B. View Post
This is not true, at no point in time did I tell you that the impeller would be $400 to ship and that we can only order in pallet quantity. I was trying to help you with warranty, however I needed to get the impeller assembly back from you to do so. You told me that Proline held onto the impeller and then threw it away, so there is no way for me to get it back.

Moving forward, I offered to get the impeller for you at our cost since we couldn't do warranty from Proline throwing your impeller in the trash. Here is the copy of the email that I sent to you....

On 2013-06-27, at 9:27 AM, Jeremy Brower <jeremy@premiumaquatics.com> wrote:

I apologize, I'm just trying to help out here and this is the first I'm in the loop on it. Replacement cost of the impeller would be $170 (this is $35 below our retail on it). Shipping via USPS would be the cheapest to you, and probably around $15 - $20. If you let me know immediately I can probably still get this added to our parts order that is leaving Germany either tomorrow or Monday, and will be here in about 10 days.

Thanks,
Jeremy Brower
PremiumAquatics.com
6050 E Hanna Ave #4
Indianapolis, IN 46203
317-895-9005
317-895-9395 fax

Again, I apologize we couldn't help anymore with warranty, but without the item in question for warranty there really is nothing we can do, I'm sorry.

Furthermore, we actually have motorblocks and impellers in stock currently from Royal-Exclusiv that they gave us for warranty purposes, free of charge to us. Anyone who has a warranty issue with an original invoice from purchase is more than welcome to contact me for help with this.

I really don't think it's really anyone elses business to know what happened with the relationship between Royal-Exclusiv and Proline, or Royal-Exclusiv and Vertex. That's between those companies only, and their business, and the info should not be privy to anyone outside of those entities as long as customer are being supported with warranty on all product lines, which they still are.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:34 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This happened before I directly contacted you. I got a reply from customerservice@premiumaquatics.com that said:

"We would not be able to have it shipped direct to you. we would have to have it shipped to us 1st the estimated shipping cost would be around $400. We suggest that you contact Royal Exclusiv website. They may be able to ship it direct and help save you on the cost.

Thanks"
Wait... You followed their advice... got a better price... and still tried to drag their name through the mud?
Old 07-03-2013, 06:41 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoaelite View Post
Wait... You followed their advice... got a better price... and still tried to drag their name through the mud?
I spoke with Jeremy directly after this thread was made. And he did indeed try and help me.

I also tried to deal directly with RE. Maybe they can explain why it costs 100 euros to ship an impeller and why they only accept wire transfer (not PayPal or any credit card)

"Hello Marko,

the shipping cost will not be cheap. Place your order, then we could calculate the shipping cost.
Will be round about 100€.

Sorry we only accept payment in advance via wire-transfer.
Best

Mit freundlichen Grüßen"
Old 07-03-2013, 06:41 PM

Jeremy B. is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Thanks"
Ok, my apologies then. I will ask around here and find out who you received this info from, but it certainly is not true. Again, sorry the misinformation that you received from us.
Closed Thread