Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2015, 11:31 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough
Default Let's talk about "health-conscious" beer

I try to eat "health conscious". I read labels, and pick brands of foods that have better ingredients. We don't eat a lot of bread or grains in general. If we eat corn, I make sure it's non-GMO.

So, awhile back I learned about some of these not-so-nice ingredients in beer, and recently I was just thinking, what's the point of all my health-conscious grocery shopping when all bets are off at the beer store?! I don't drink a lot of beer, but still...

I took a gander at some information online and found my favorite crap beers (Molson Coors Light and Molson Pilsner) have GMO corn in them. I've tried some "different" beers and really don't like anything too artisan-like such as microbrewery beers, etc. In my hunting-about I found that aside from buying organic beer (a sure shot at health consciousness), German beer is a good choice as they are quite strict about beer ingredients in Germany.

Heineken is a brand that stood out in the health conscious mentions I read. I bought a single today. Heineken is from Holland, I'm Dutch. It really should be a great choice for me. I must say...the Dutch should stick to growing flowers!

Anyone here have a favorite "health conscious" beer that I should try?

SPS fanatic.