Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2017, 10:43 PM

iamfrontosa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo#31 View Post
As an update, my loss was 100%. The corals were just too stressed and weak from osmotic shock to recover and within 3 days I had nothing to show for 3 years of collecting than a 2 gallon pail of bleached white skeletons. While a loss and setback of this magnitude would cause many to throw in the towel, or take a break I'm a sucker for punishment.I love the hobby. I was about 3/4 of the way thru the set up of my new display and I continue to move forward. I still have my sights set on SPS domonant with select LPS.
We continue to learn. We will always make mistakes,we will continue to have oversights and we will always lose more than we win. If there is a lesson to be learned here, it is that the worst thing any reefer can experience it is complacency. I knew, that little voice in the back of my mind told me that the 55g ATO reservoir was too big, and in the back of my mind was the "it won't happen to me, this is only temporary". Listen to that little voice. It isn't wrong very often. We walk the razor edge daily in our little oceans and complete and total loss is only one misstep away.

I hear you. I also went thru a crash that costed me $$$$. I may have gotta some pieces from you last year. I also don't mind fragging and sending some your way when you are ready.