Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 03:51 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Darren, I'm not going to argue this, but it isn't $20. Buying these for face value is only a benefit to the seller. The buyer gets absolutely no benefit and there is no advantage. If all I have to do is call J&L with a number, it would be my CC number.
Now if there is no benefit to the purchaser, why purchase? It would only be doing a favor to the seller, nothing more. And for that, I believe some "hacking" is warranted.

And unless I only have to call Jeanna with the serial number from my 20 dollar bill, there is work involved on my part to buy this 20 bucks. That's just silly.
Old 08-24-2003, 03:59 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Anyway, Darren is right about one thing. If the seller has something of value, she'll sell it, if not, she won't.
If you're interested in buying it, reply to the ad, if not, don't. Bye.

(Brad walks away shaking head)
Old 08-24-2003, 07:51 PM

AJ_77 is on a distinguished road

I think Jeanna's explanation was sufficient. To berate her is rude and unseemly, gentlemen.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:58 PM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

How do they get to the buyer? Who pays for gas or mailing? I agree that they are worth $20, but the logistics throw a wrench into the transaction. A check or cash has to get to the seller somehow.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 08-24-2003, 08:08 PM

Buccaneer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_77
I think Jeanna's explanation was sufficient. To berate her is rude and unseemly, gentlemen.
Nobody is berating her Alan ... just discussing the " value " of the items for sale ... no more no less ... it is all good info and no harm intended to her at all ... at least that is the way I see it.

Cheers

“The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.”
― Voltaire
Old 08-24-2003, 09:34 PM

BC_Grl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
How do they get to the buyer? Who pays for gas or mailing? I agree that they are worth $20, but the logistics throw a wrench into the transaction. A check or cash has to get to the seller somehow
Geez, if it was that big of a deal, I would pay for the stamp. If someone local wanted to buy it, I would take the bus there.

I honestly didn't think this would be such a big deal for chrissake. Despite the fact this was given to me as a birthday gift when I was unable to use it, if this is worthless to everyone else, I will toss it as wish me a happy birthday.

I am surprised at the fuss and so sorry to ever have posted this for sale. Those that can be called "gentlemen", so sorry to have wasted your time. I wasn't trying to rip anyone off at all. Call me a sore loser (or whatever you want), I am just horrified that someone can't ask for a fair price and not get flamed for it. I am so disappointed about this.

I wish everyone a nice day
Old 08-24-2003, 10:03 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Jeanna,

Did you sell those gift certificates yet? PM me.

I can't believe this thing is 2 pages, you guys have too much spare time

Christy

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:18 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

Glad you survived the pneumonia Christy....I was getting a little worried.

I probably would have just given the gift certificates away, seeing as they cost me nothing........
Old 08-25-2003, 04:08 AM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

I do agree, too much spare time here. But hey we all know we check Canreef every fifteen minutes.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 08-25-2003, 12:45 PM

Tau2301 is on a distinguished road

Happy belated birthday Jeanna.
there is an equal and opposite revision.
Closed Thread