Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-16-2011, 01:22 AM

AquaticFinatic is on a distinguished road
Default Illumina problems

Hey guys. Any of you having problems with your light? I reset the day and date but it keeps referring back to 20.03.03 for time and 6.03 for time. I think it might have something to do with when I upgraded to two red modules because now only one works. Any ideas. Thanks.

Loudest part of my system would be the nagging sound I hear on a regular basis about how much time and money I spend on the tank.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:48 AM

BlueTang<3 is on a distinguished road

What firmware are you running you light with do you have the latest? I was having an issue after a failed attempt at me upgrading the light but it was totally my fault

If the software is not updating to a specific pad, the best results can come from resetting the pad in question. To do this:

1. Carefully remove the fixture endplate on the power cord side
2. Slide out the acrylic glas shield carefully and place it in a safe location
3. Press the small button next to the white auxiliary expansion plug on the module
4. Power on the fixture and retry the firmware update process

Once the pad is reset, go to summary—update firmware, and select “complete update.” Then select the pad range specific to the
reset pad (please note that the first pad is module 0, so if the 3rd pad is giving problems, it would be module/pad 2).

360 Reef Tank
Old 11-16-2011, 01:55 AM

To do it, go to File >update remove firmware, then select the .bin file enclosed in the attached “illumine_remote_1695.zip” file. This will update your v-link usb software to the latest version, and allow you to update the illumine firmware to the latest 1631 version once the v-link update is complete.

I dont know if that helps you but corrected my issue, but it was a bit of a different problem. Have u tried albert or andrew with proline they are great guys and are quick to help.

360 Reef Tank
Old 11-16-2011, 02:02 AM

Thanks for the info blue. I forgot to mention that I'm also having issues connecting the two together ( light and vstick). I will try this tomorrow and see if it works. Thanks again.
Ps I emailed Albert so will see what he says.

Loudest part of my system would be the nagging sound I hear on a regular basis about how much time and money I spend on the tank.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:43 PM

Update?

360 Reef Tank
Old 11-18-2011, 12:42 AM

Works been crazy so just got round to this.

The weirdest thing today ..... I come home from work and one of my panels was not working so took the glass out and touched the red module that wasn't working that is two down from it and the red started to work. I unplugged the light from the power,powered it back up and all is well again. Go figure. Must have screwed it up when I put that red module in. Thanks for your help. Any chance you could send me your file on your light setting?

David

Old 11-18-2011, 01:00 AM

I have nothing special on at 7 off at 9 no clouds no lightning I am too computer illiterate for all the fancies.

360 Reef Tank
Old 11-18-2011, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTang<3 View Post
I have nothing special on at 7 off at 9 no clouds no lightning I am too computer illiterate for all the fancies.
Lol me too!