Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2009, 09:26 PM

fishguyxd is on a distinguished road
Default info on building a home (EDM)

Well we have been looking at so many showhomes I am going loopy er but may have found a new home (reid built in edmonton) Are the good? I not a tradesman or experienced in the this field. nor have we built before. So what questions should I be asking prior to and after signing the ......... line? What should I watch for or moniter during the building process. I am thinking I should have all requests in writing (any changes or aggrements) along with the lawyer in the speeddial and have a building inspector on call to oversee the whole process to stop in the site every few days to check it out. What changes or items should I look at before the walls go up. ie Type of windows,placment of electrical outlets,audio wiring, heating vents, anything else.

Sorry I have some stupid questions but I am not a trusting person (I know I shoud be building but! this is a big investment that I have to be in for a while. I know I go to some design center to look at flooring, rugs, kitchen, etc but is this where I get the screws turned because I have would have signed the building agreement already and so the upgrading and extra costs come at me now. I just have not spoke to many that have build but have heard of a bunch of horror stories about the whole situation ie: bad driveways ,walls not straight ,tubs and water line not connected etc.Any one able to throw some idea out there or suggestions. Also anyone know of bedrock builder reputation? thank in advance.