Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 11-28-2013, 05:10 AM

gqlmao is on a distinguished road

Thanks! I am sure you have a very fine stick collection juding by the name . Maybe I'll get a can of air duster and take some pictures of my favourite gundam, not in the picture shown. Then maybe Canreef will pay more attention to the tank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrowhora View Post
Nice tank and stick collection...btw I like your gundam collection as well!
Old 11-28-2013, 05:18 AM

Acrowhora is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqlmao View Post
Thanks! I am sure you have a very fine stick collection juding by the name . Maybe I'll get a can of air duster and take some pictures of my favourite gundam, not in the picture shown. Then maybe Canreef will pay more attention to the tank!
I have quite a few high end sticks in my collection and slowly adding more.i love gundams...would be really interested to see what you have.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:50 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Very nice! Looks like you've figured out the whole photography thing :-)
Old 11-28-2013, 02:13 PM

I would trade you my gundams for frags JK. I am a big MG fan, they are just the right size for me and they have enough detail for inking and painting. I think I got about 8 MGs, 1 PG.

Quote:
I have quite a few high end sticks in my collection and slowly adding more.i love gundams...would be really interested to see what you have.

Barely, I think I just need to take lots more pictures. I don't know if it is the leds but pictures are really dark when I shoot the side profile of the acros. It is probably the hard shadows, rendering certain positions impossible without a flash.

I've come to realize that both from taking pictures and coral response, I might need a second unit and angle the lights to overlap, or go t-5s. I finally realized how limiting 1 led unit can be especially when you are trying to cover a 24"x18" area. Certain areas don't get enough light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Very nice! Looks like you've figured out the whole photography thing :-)
Old 11-28-2013, 03:21 PM

I got into Gundams during the Gundam Wing days. Started collecting those and then it got crazy from there.. I have a few boxes in my closet that still need to be opened

I dunno man, those pics look pretty good :-) LEDs are challenging to photograph though. They can easily trick the camera's sensor.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:16 PM

thmh is on a distinguished road
Default GQLMAO's Small Peninsula Tank

Alright guys!!! Team MJC will have to fly to Calgary to borrow all your gundams for our new skits!!! Team PewPew unite!!!

-Tony
Old 11-28-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
I got into Gundams during the Gundam Wing days. Started collecting those and then it got crazy from there.. I have a few boxes in my closet that still need to be opened

I dunno man, those pics look pretty good :-) LEDs are challenging to photograph though. They can easily trick the camera's sensor.
Gundam wing introduced me to the Gundam series.then went to Gundam Seed and Destiny,Gundam 007,Gundam Unicorn,and now Gundam Build Fighter.my fav of all is Wing Zero,which I had to travel back to the Philippines to obtain.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Gundam wing introduced me to the Gundam series.then went to Gundam Seed and Destiny,Gundam 007,Gundam Unicorn,and now Gundam Build Fighter.my fav of all is Wing Zero,which I had to travel back to the Philippines to obtain.
Wing Zero was cool, and my second fav after Heavy Arms along with the RX-178 series of Gundams. Do you guys listen to Two-Mix and the various j-pops as well?
Old 11-28-2013, 11:58 PM

Woah, I should call this thread would you like a reef tank with those gundams :P. Gundam Wing was what got me hooked. My favorite is wing gundam zero, I think the wings and the slender body design make that gundam simply the best looking one. Next is strike, then Exia seven swords. I like clean simple gundams, now I gotta take some pictures. What's a thread without pictures.

I used to listen to J pop back in junior high, and since I am a anime nut I still heard the odd song here and there in intros and endings.

On a serious note: I think I am going to do it. I am going to go back to T-5s. I have noticed the corals in the back arent getting enough light from one set up and I am not getting growth in a lot of the shaded areas of the SPS. I was thinking of going to the ATI Sunpower 24" 8x24W fixture. The fixture is 17.5" wide leaving around 15" for actual bulb length, my tank being 18" wide if I hang it semi low I shouldn't have much light spill. As for the corals, I am blasting the radions at 85 percent so there shouldn't be an intensity issue with the 8 bulb setup, of course lighting acclimation will be done to be safe. Anyone want to pitch in some advice or direction?

Last edited by gqlmao; 11-29-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Wing Zero was cool, and my second fav after Heavy Arms along with the RX-178 series of Gundams. Do you guys listen to Two-Mix and the various j-pops as well?
I'm not Japanese but I listen to j-pops