Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-28-2014, 08:11 PM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by windcoast reefs View Post
I can access it within my network, but I cannot access it remotely through my cell (on 3g) or from another network.
If I understand correctly, you just mean the Internet, 3G or cellular really has nothing to do with it. It's simply the medium you are using to access the internet.

If it's working on you local network/intranet than I'm thinki.g you maybe need to do port forwarding on your router.

Last edited by reefermadness; 02-28-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Banned

uniboob is on a distinguished road

You are connecting to your LAN( local area network) at home, connecting from anywhere other then your house you need to open ports on your WAN (the outside world connection)

Your local ip will be something like 192.168.0.50 or whatever

Your outside ip can be found my going to www.yougetsignal.com
Also you can check ports to see if forwarded properly.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:10 PM

windcoast reefs is on a distinguished road

Okay so just to be clear about what I've done.

I have connected my apex to the modem directly now. I have port forwarded the ports I need. I have checked that the ports forwarding is working, which it is. I can access the Web page and Android app if I'm connected to the local network the apex is on.

The problem of not being able to access the apex Web page or app still occurs when I'm outside of my network, either using wifi of using the data connection on my smartphone or tablet.

I called apex and they tried to help, but ended up none of there suggestion worked. They ended up recommending I switch service providers.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Jake, what is the IP you are trying to connect to?
Old 03-01-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Jake, what is the IP you are trying to connect to?
Old 03-01-2014, 07:41 PM

makana is on a distinguished road

What port have you forwarded? Have you tried a different one?

If the second router was just to extend the wireless signal then there was no reason to use it as a router. In almost every consumer router available you can turn off the routing and the dhcp and simply use it as a switch/wireless AP.

What telus device have you connected it to? More information will make it easier to help you. It is will known that telus blocks common ports for security reasons so you can't use the default port.

Why would you need to split the ethernet cable? You say the telus router only has two outputs, I have never seen one with less than four. Sometimes you call it a router, sometimes you call it a modem. Telus has used both configurations and both are different animals. If I am going to be able to help I need you to be very clear.

Livestock: clown fish, chromis, coral beauty.

Corals: Toadstool, maze brain, candy cane, mushrooms (purple & green hairy), button polyps, green zoas, GSP.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by windcoast reefs View Post
no reply on that at all.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Just a guy..

does this help?

http://portforward.com/english/route...Controller.htm
Old 03-01-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makana View Post
What port have you forwarded? Have you tried a different one?

If the second router was just to extend the wireless signal then there was no reason to use it as a router. In almost every consumer router available you can turn off the routing and the dhcp and simply use it as a switch/wireless AP.

What telus device have you connected it to? More information will make it easier to help you. It is will known that telus blocks common ports for security reasons so you can't use the default port.

Why would you need to split the ethernet cable? You say the telus router only has two outputs, I have never seen one with less than four. Sometimes you call it a router, sometimes you call it a modem. Telus has used both configurations and both are different animals. If I am going to be able to help I need you to be very clear.
Ive tried a variety of ports, everything from 443, 6400, 8800, 8900, 8120 and so on (probably 30 different ones, all that i've used before and had success with other decvices)

Sorry I wasn't clear on what I was doing with the second router. I currently have the dhcp off and it is running as a range extender using wireless repeating.

By router I meant to say router/modem combo.

Ive got a new telus router/modem being installed on monday (actiontec v1000h). Currently I have an actiontec VDSL2 which was installed just before christmas.

It looks like it could have the ability to plug up to 4 ethernet cables into it, however 2 of them have plastic covers over the hole where the ports would be.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
no reply on that at all.
Okay so thats the current ip from whatismyip.com.

Kinda weird that it had no response