Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-02-2009, 08:44 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

Every day more and more savages come to this city. it has gone to absolute shat in the last 5 years. i was born and raised in glendale/killarny/wildwood, and know more than one person that has been shot. i know them, they are not my friends, but people i knew from high school who sold drugs then and moved into bigger and badder drugs since. i have absoulutlyt NO problems with these "insecure, no dic, piece of S, bas##@$ KKILLING each other, but when this crap happens in a public place like this with a plethera of inoccent bystanders it makes me shudder.

Back in my day (barely graduated 10 years ago) if you got into a issue you may have got your ass kicked but you lived to fight another day. at wortst you had to worry about a knife.

WOW i have erased 6 paragraphs after this only to erase, as i dont think many others share my feelings, and dont want to offend anyone.

I will finish with stating that i agree with and support my local MP Mr. Richards as he not only is the uncle of one of my best friends but because he had the "berries" to tell it like it is. i met a man from south america who now resides in the USA that just loves richards brutal truth. I FOR ONE AM TIRED OF THE MEDIA SUGAR COATING EVERYTHING. THIS IS WERE I LAY MY HEAD, I HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW WHATS ACTUALLY GOING ON IN MY CITY.

Maybe we should take a page out of the history books and take the CARS and BIKES away from the police leaving them to WALK A BEAT, AKA GET BACK TO THE PEOPLE. my father was a beat cop back in the day, and says that he knew everyone on his beat and what they were up to. its pretty tough to get a feeling of a neighborhood and its people when in a car with the radio on. your unable to "take in" the feeling/state/energy while "crusing' by.

ENOUGH ranting for now but its an easy subject to carry on with.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Last edited by ElGuappo; 01-02-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:45 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Definitely upsetting. I remember I never even used to lock my doors when I was home...but things are different these days. Calgary is still a pretty great place to live, but the murders are alarming.

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 01-02-2009, 08:53 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

This is why I moved to Bragg Creek. I started looking at houses here when a kid killed another kid at aparty with a pick axe, and after the random stabbing occurred while I was in one of the areas washing my truck in the wee hours. Another time I was at a carwash before midnight and a man did not want to leave the car wash since he felt I would be in danger... I wash my truck late at night so I can clean it out and dry it without holding up the line. It was something I always did, and never thought a thing about it. I was born and raised in Calgary and it is sad to see what happened to such a great place to live in.

Now I live where people are friendly and ask you how your day is going, and actually care. Nobody locks their doors and the only thing I worry about are cougars and bears when I go hiking.

I'm sorry this hit so close to home... it really sucks.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:25 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

the creeks alright. all the men in my family worked at the powderhorn at 1 point or another. i bartended, brother cooked and father managed for a bit. i head there a few times a year in the summer when i can ride.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:21 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

The Powderhorn was sold just recently. I went there for lunch once, wicked food. I stay out of there since I don't want to become "infamous".

I have 2000 Triumph Speed Triple Roulette green which I didn't get out on much this year. I had a pretty awful crash with my quad at Mclean and have been shy to be on four wheels let alone two. My quad is toast and I'm lucky I walked away. Closest I've come to dying, but cried over my quad more then anything. I loved that thing.

Life is simple here, I actually have a family doctor here! Food is more pricey but heck, no line ups and no mean people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuappo View Post
the creeks alright. all the men in my family worked at the powderhorn at 1 point or another. i bartended, brother cooked and father managed for a bit. i head there a few times a year in the summer when i can ride.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:26 PM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road

The title of this thread is very accurate..HITting close to home. Usually they are gang related and that includes all that that entails, very rarely is it a case of mistaken identity. For the most parts the police dont get too involved so long as they are killing each other, but when the public becomes involved and there is usually an inocent bystander that gets killed or wounded....then there is more of an outcry..had a plumber and another innocent guy killed in Surrey last year...for a while there was a lot of hoopla but havent heard anything lately..poor buggers were excecuted.
The police are outgunned, out financed, and out manned by the gangs..and thay are everywhere.....jsut look at the news stories across the country...anywhere there are drugs, prostitution and rival gangs, you will find a very strong organized crime foothold.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:31 AM

Trigger Man is on a distinguished road

There seems to be more and more shootings in the last little while. I think it is about time the laws are changed to make punishment for gun crimes more severe. When guys are getting arrested for gun possesion and then getting off on bail a day or two later what can we expect. Now put a minimum 5 year term for possesion of a firearm and see what happens.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:06 AM

Lydia is on a distinguished road

I agree the laws need to be changed - I can't imagine how frustrating it is for the police to haul them in, only to see them walk out the next day...

We moved to Calgary in '89 from Montreal. We bought in Airdrie in '92. We knew what big cities were like (hubby's from Toronto), and it saddens us to see Calgary go that route...

Back in 'my day' the worst that would happen was a knife would appear in a brawl at a bar, or a fight in the school yard. Now our kids worry about guns in the classrooms, and drive by shootings.

No wonder we sit and stare at our tanks - the world's gone mad!!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:01 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

!!!!!!!!!!! BOLSA IS BACK OPEN TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I'm so happy they've reopened !!!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:08 PM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road

And how! I was down in that end of town a few days ago and wanted to grab a bite but it wasn't open yet...Guess where I'm having Lunch Saturday!
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.