Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-05-2017, 03:22 PM
reef-keeper's Avatar
reef-keeper reef-keeper is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East Edmonton
Posts: 291
reef-keeper is on a distinguished road
Default

It seems Tapa talk won’t show my full reply. Did I add more rocks? No. As for putting a foam on the air intake mine has a foam silencer on it all ready. I will wash the unit in vinager the set it in a Rubbermaid tub for a month to see if it will settle down. Any body else have input. All advice will be appreciated.
__________________
I believe Reefkeeping is not a hobby but a way of life It's unfortunate mine is at a stand still!
Building a 135 reef 9 years in the making(seem like I'll never get this 1 together! Too Busy with the Nano and Pico tanks
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-05-2017, 04:28 PM
albert_dao albert_dao is offline
Good Guy Albert
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,035
albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef-keeper View Post
It seems Tapa talk won’t show my full reply. Did I add more rocks? No. As for putting a foam on the air intake mine has a foam silencer on it all ready. I will wash the unit in vinager the set it in a Rubbermaid tub for a month to see if it will settle down. Any body else have input. All advice will be appreciated.
I'd just use hot tapwater and a sponge/nylon brush.
__________________
This and that.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-05-2017, 05:36 PM
AquaAddict AquaAddict is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Posts: 152
AquaAddict is on a distinguished road
Default

Mine has a foam silencer as well. That is not what I mean. The outside nozzle tip can be partially plugged with a strip (that you would have to cut) of coarse foam. You can then lift it up or down to control the air intake and that is what I did to control the bubble level. It worked very well for me.

AquaAddict
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-06-2017, 11:42 PM
reef-keeper's Avatar
reef-keeper reef-keeper is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East Edmonton
Posts: 291
reef-keeper is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
I'd just use hot tapwater and a sponge/nylon brush.


Sounds good.
__________________
I believe Reefkeeping is not a hobby but a way of life It's unfortunate mine is at a stand still!
Building a 135 reef 9 years in the making(seem like I'll never get this 1 together! Too Busy with the Nano and Pico tanks
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-06-2017, 11:43 PM
reef-keeper's Avatar
reef-keeper reef-keeper is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East Edmonton
Posts: 291
reef-keeper is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaAddict View Post
Mine has a foam silencer as well. That is not what I mean. The outside nozzle tip can be partially plugged with a strip (that you would have to cut) of coarse foam. You can then lift it up or down to control the air intake and that is what I did to control the bubble level. It worked very well for me.



AquaAddict


Oh I see. I will see if I can get something that will fit.
__________________
I believe Reefkeeping is not a hobby but a way of life It's unfortunate mine is at a stand still!
Building a 135 reef 9 years in the making(seem like I'll never get this 1 together! Too Busy with the Nano and Pico tanks
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-10-2017, 03:49 AM
AquaAddict AquaAddict is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Posts: 152
AquaAddict is on a distinguished road
Default

If you haven't cleaned the skimmer with vinegar, that should be done first. Also consider installing a filter sock - I think already mentioned. All could be of help.

AquaAddict
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.